ok...im at a loss

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ive posted in the classified section on here about 5 times looking for someone who has egyptian death stalkers...and alas to no avail. can ANYONE point me in the right direction?

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK first off, common names will get you NOWHERE. Leiurus quinquestriatus is the proper name you should conduct your searchs with. Second, the most obvious thing to do would be to contact someone who keeps the species and ask them where they got it. Last, it also helps to make a list of the dealers you know are responsible and have heard good things about. Finally, if the search function was used, you can easily see that a member purchased L. quinquestriatus last week and made a post about it, which includes the dealers name. 2 seconds of google work finds you the dealers website.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=87852

Now wasn't that easy?

http://www.gherp.com/ - Glade Herps

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Keep your fingers crossed. I am hoping to have some young later this year.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK first off, common names will get you NOWHERE. Leiurus quinquestriatus is the proper name you should conduct your searchs with. Second, the most obvious thing to do would be to contact someone who keeps the species and ask them where they got it. Last, it also helps to make a list of the dealers you know are responsible and have heard good things about. Finally, if the search function was used, you can easily see that a member purchased L. quinquestriatus last week and made a post about it, which includes the dealers name. 2 seconds of google work finds you the dealers website.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=87852

Now wasn't that easy?

http://www.gherp.com/ - Glade Herps
really? then why is it you knew EXACTLY what i was talking about when i said "Egyptian Death Stalker"? i know its scientific name....the post was not a search was it? no! it was a question to ask if anyone could point me in the right direction. i know of good dealers. botar has them on his site right now. i want one bigger than what he currently has in inventory. i HAVE talked to people that keep them...and guess what...the people they got them from dont have them in stock! how about that! its people like you who piss other people off on these boards and push them away from the knowledge that they could recieve on here. that, in turn, keeps them from asking the questions that they might need to know from knowledgeable people...so, guess what happens next? you got it! the animal dies or is raised in substandard conditions. my point is this...you can answer a question without being a total prick! this is not my first posting on here, nor is this by far the first invert ive owned or tried to acquire.

to everyone else who USEFULLY contributed to the post...i truely am greatful! you guys are great! im just so tired of these "arachno-nazis" on these boards! its just rediculous and there is no reason to talk to someone that way when they are on a quest for knowledge or guidance.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Keep your fingers crossed. I am hoping to have some young later this year.
awsome! a guy who read my post emailed me on here and im buying a gravid female from him. so hopefully we will both have successful sacs.:D

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And truthfully you should have maybe just accepted the fact that NO ONE HAD ONE FOR SALE RATHER THAN CRYING AND WHINING ABOUT NO ONE RESPONDING TO YOU! It is not the duty of everyone here to answer a question. People take time out of their lives to do so, be appreciative when they do. For something like your request, it does take a little bit of leg work on your part to find out. If you would prefer on further requests, I can just answer, "No, I don't have one for sale" on every WTB ad you place.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And truthfully you should have maybe just accepted the fact that NO ONE HAD ONE FOR SALE RATHER THAN CRYING AND WHINING ABOUT NO ONE RESPONDING TO YOU! It is not the duty of everyone here to answer a question. People take time out of their lives to do so, be appreciative when they do. For something like your request, it does take a little bit of leg work on your part to find out. If you would prefer on further requests, I can just answer, "No, I don't have one for sale" on every WTB ad you place.
well if i would have followed your wonderful guidance and "just accepted the fact that NO ONE HAD ONE FOR SALE RATHER THAN CRYING AND WHINING ABOUT NO ONE RESPONDING TO YOU!" then i wouldnt have found the one i did would i? when people DO post a reply that is of consequence and actually pertains to the question posted i DO thank people and let them know i appreciate it. you can check out my pervious posts for verification if you like. and again...since your posted nothing at all that is of any use...you just wasted more of your life to acomplish absolutely nothing. i could care less if you reply to any of my posts. if this is the type of info you are going to give and just flame people all the time, as you are prone to doing, the please by all means, dont waste anymore of your time or space on the thread. leave that to people who actually want to help not be a hinderance. thanks...and have a nice day. :D

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well if i would have followed your wonderful guidance and "just accepted the fact that NO ONE HAD ONE FOR SALE RATHER THAN CRYING AND WHINING ABOUT NO ONE RESPONDING TO YOU!" then i wouldnt have found the one i did would i? when people DO post a reply that is of consequence and actually pertains to the question posted i DO thank people and let them know i appreciate it. you can check out my pervious posts for verification if you like. and again...since your posted nothing at all that is of any use...you just wasted more of your life to acomplish absolutely nothing. i could care less if you reply to any of my posts. if this is the type of info you are going to give and just flame people all the time, as you are prone to doing, the please by all means, dont waste anymore of your time or space on the thread. leave that to people who actually want to help not be a hinderance. thanks...and have a nice day. :D
I'm recovering from an illness, I have plenty of time to waste ;) If you found one, why did you start this thread in the first place. I am at a loss for words myself. Well, I am not taking up anymore of the scorp keepers threads.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm recovering from an illness, I have plenty of time to waste ;) If you found one, why did you start this thread in the first place. I am at a loss for words myself. Well, I am not taking up anymore of the scorp keepers threads.
i wish you a speedy recovery. hopefully nothing terribly serious.

i DID find one...i found one BECAUSE i posted this thread. i didnt post it after i already acquired one, that wouldnt have made a whole lot of sense. someone read the post and emailed me. ta-da problem solved. i didnt get what i wanted by posting WTB ads on the classified section so i thought i would use this as another source to find what i was searching for. and, as it turns out, it worked.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
When you get yours I may have an extra male (maybe) I'll have to check to make sure.

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
forget it........

Last edited:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
woah Green Bottle it seemed to me like EAD063 was just giving you some useful information. And he bring up a good point I don't know many scientific names but i use them when i can because this is an international forum.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i think he says that he posted on the FS thread? and he didnt saw his post?:?

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Use of scientific names has always been encouraged on this board.
While most here will understand what you refer to with a common name, it still leaves the impression of inexperience. I for one would not sell something that hot to someone that I perceive as inexperienced with that type of thing.

Bill

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i know of good dealers. botar has them on his site right now. i want one bigger than what he currently has in inventory. i HAVE talked to people that keep them...and guess what...the people they got them from dont have them in stock! .

Did you say that you knew of a dealer who had them, but would like an adult? No you did not. Did you also say that you had tried contacting members? No you did not. Instead you just used the post thread tool over and over until someone fed you an anwser rather than taking 10 minutes and finding it yourself. From the begining it seems much simplier to just shoot a couple messages to people and do some research yourself. If every person on the board posted a thread for a scorpion they were looking to aquire (especially a species which is not all that uncommon in the pet trade) instead of flexing they're analytic muscles, than we would have a board filled with uninformative threads that portray an unabated inability to think critically.

It's not so much the fact that you just sat waiting for an anwser than how easy the anwser was to find, you treated the situation as if you were looking for noah's arc or the fountain of youth rather than a scorpion which is far from scarce.

It's much cheaper for me to teach you how to fish rather than feed you a fillet every day.

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with scientific vs common, I've seen various web pages calling every species in the androctonus genus "death stalker", so yah scientific is the only way for people to know exactly what you want.

" Originally Posted by green_bottle_04 View Post
its people like you who piss other people off on these boards and push them away"

And also if you say something that other people regard as stupid, I understand that it's your right to express what you want, but it's also their right to call you stupid on it, so just toughen your skin abit more.