OK, i think this may be a silly que, but it is one that is confusing me.....

pink-lady

Arachnopeon

My male T has made a sperm web a few days ago, iv only had him a few weeks so dont know about his moults, and i have an adult female (same species) ready for him to go with but i cannot seem to see his hooks for restraining the female, or bulbs at the end of his pedipalps with the sperm.

Not sure weather to mix them????
Once he makes this mat web does he have all the equipment to restrain and insert sperm under the female??
Do males only make this mat web once in their mature lives???
I seem to be having problems uploading pics of the males legs....

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

My male T has made a sperm web a few days ago, iv only had him a few weeks so dont know about his moults, and i have an adult female (same species) ready for him to go with but i cannot seem to see his hooks for restraining the female, or bulbs at the end of his pedipalps with the sperm.

Not sure weather to mix them????
Once he makes this mat web does he have all the equipment to restrain and insert sperm under the female??
Do males only make this mat web once in their mature lives???
I seem to be having problems uploading pics of the males legs....
What kind of T is it?

And no, they can make webs multiples times.

However, there are (if I remember correctly), a couple species that do NOT have tibial hooks. If he doesn't have bulbs either, though.... it could just be a regular web.

Can we see some pics?

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pics would definitely be needed to appropriately answer your question(s).

pink-lady

Arachnopeon
errrrrrrrrr

Aphonopelma bicoloratum male. Just tryed putting up pics again!!! ERRRRRR....maby im doing it wrong! Howdo ye upload pics!!!?:?

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
I upload them the hard way, but it works. In the same area that allows you to write what you want to right, there is Fonts, then Sizes, Colors, smilies, then a Paperclip emblem. Click on that, it will give you 5 slots to BROWSE for pictures from your computer, Wherever you have your pictures stored is where you need to search. Once you have double clicked on the picture to add, Should be pretty automatic, Just hit upload, and it should upload it. Once you see that an attachment has been downloaded, go back to the paperclip emblem, click it and you should see an attachment listed. Simply click on the attachment and vula, it is there. Hope that helps

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Or use photobucket. Nothing is really all that "easy".

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If he is mature, you should be able to see the hooks. They will be located on the underside of the first pair of legs, just past the 2nd joint from the "toe" ends. A mature male Aphonopelma bicoloratum would have these hooks.

Are you sure it was a sperm web that he made? IME sperm webs usually look like a "lean to" structure. They'll go from the floor to the side of the tank or other cage decoration...kind of like a tent. Once they have loaded their palps with sperm, they usually tear down the web and roll it up or trample it into the sub so it's possible the mat you see could be a used sperm web.. As Kori has already pointed out, a mature male will continue to build sperm webs wether he mates with a female or not.

Don't pair them until you are sure he's mature :).

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Make an account on www.photobucket.com

Upload the pictures there. Then click them and copy image location.
Then come here and in the text fields type [img*] Copy the url location of the image here[/url*]
^^^ Without the asterisks.