Ok, I have to vent this...

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
So I am posting this here given my wife is a member of the T group on Facebook and with her 9 month hormones raging probably wouldn't like me bashing her -edited-ING mother, but I have to get this off my chest and see if anyone else has experienced jackassery to this level before.

So, long story short her mother comes to OUR home to visit, typical bible thumper type, hates the snakes we used to have etc etc. She KNOWS we have Ts, also was told when my wife picked her up AND by me a SECOND time before coming into our home that I was in the middle of doing cage maintenance so there were some in deli cups given a few needed full changes or rehouses done. Again I would like to specify this is in a pre setup area and was told again this time specifying the area given I was working when they walked in. So this said I'm working, my Avic Avic who happens to be my FAVORITE is in his deli cup awaiting his new cage setup and she walks over KNOWING there are Ts in cups. I warn her again that I am about to do a transfer and I don't know if shes thick or what but she looks down to the cup that has been mentioned, pointed out etc and does this scared swat nonsense that sends it into the wall at the speed of a baseball then tries to say its my fault if it dies because I had it out....I let my wife take it from there given I was about to knock the daylights out of this person. By some miracle of providence the T was alright but what if it had been a terrestrial? I am still shocked at her disregard for a living creature...

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
So she basically throws the thing across the room and says it's your fault if it got hurt? What a piece of shiznit.
EDIT: just read it again, for some reason I completely missed the fact that this woman is your wife's mother :/ not sure how I could've been reading it wrong, but whatever. Keep in mind, man, that even though apparently your wife's not a member of AB, that's your mother-in-law you're talking about. If your wife found this she'd be extremely angry. Also if your wife is nine months pregnant, of course her mom would want to come over. She could be having a new grandbaby any day now <3

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'd love to hear/read about a couple of similar stories from the Europeans users here as well.

While I love those pure 100% yankee random psycho rapture acts, would be good to remain into a 'fair enough' league, for mantain the equilibrium otherwise someone could be under the false impression that an helluva of U.S.A citizens needs help. Serious help :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
What the actual...........????:astonished::astonished: :rage::rage:

Nope. :stop:
Not cool.
Not even slightly okay.

What if you went into her house and delivered a forceful blow to her dog's ribcage and said "well, that is your fault"?? (I think you all know this, but I do not condone that behavior to any animal; I am just using it as an example.)

Ugh

Last edited:

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
I get she wants to visit and I'm not saying not to, just that when shes been told and warned its nonsense to bat a container across the room and act like she did it because she suprised then not even an apology for it.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I get she wants to visit and I'm not saying not to, just that when shes been told and warned its nonsense to bat a container across the room and act like she did it because she suprised then not even an apology for it.
Well just the way you said "she comes to OUR home to visit" it made it seem like she wasn't welcome there.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Tell her if she hurts or kills one she pay the costs. Then tell her the price of the most expensive female T you can find.

I swear some think of them as worthless bugs. The only way to wake them up is to impact there wallet

Magenta

Arachnosquire
She could have killed one of your pets and you don't even get an apology? That's really messed up. Was it an accident or an "accident"? Either way, I'm sorry that happened.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
You were much cooler than I would have been, especially after warning her they were there. I hope your T doesn't suffer any internal damage. You and your wife need to sit down with her and set things straight so it doesn't happen ever again.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
You know, my grandpa kind of acts like that. He generally seems to be out of tune with what's happening around him. One time, he blew out several candles in my house and he got wax all over the pictures behind the candles because he blew on them too hard. My dad was furious, and it was HIS own dad he was mad with.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
This is totally something my mother in law would do. This is the woman who brought me these special pills to take to "get your beauty back" like seriously one day after having a baby. Like let me live like a deflated balloon for a while, please. It's normal.

With my MIL, I would never have her in the room with my Ts. In fact I don't even think I'd let her know I have Ts. I lock the dogs up or put them outside when she visits because she complains about them and yells at them. I nod and I don't argue about pretty much everything. Sometimes I get free babysitting and that's cool. I drink wine after she leaves. Sometimes I talk with my husband about what I think her mental health diagnosis is, but only occasionally. I used to vent about her a lot but found I'd just get more upset all over again.
This is the best system I've found.
Good luck with yours!

Glad your avic is ok.

Leila

Arachnobaron
This is totally something my mother in law would do. This is the woman who brought me these special pills to take to "get your beauty back" like seriously one day after having a baby. Like let me live like a deflated balloon for a while, please. It's normal.
"Get your beauty back"??

:punch::punch:....as though you lost it??? Lmao! I seriously despise most humans...

Trenor

Arachnoprince
What she did as not cool and she should be talked to about it so it doesn't occur again.

She KNOWS we have Ts, also was told when my wife picked her up AND by me a SECOND time before coming into our home that I was in the middle of doing cage maintenance so there were some in deli cups given a few needed full changes or rehouses done. Again I would like to specify this is in a pre setup area and was told again this time specifying the area given I was working when they walked in.
I a bit confused though. Why, if your wife was picking up someone like this, were you doing cage maintenance and a rehousing? Unless she is staying till the baby hops out why not just wait till she leaves? Baring something being really really wrong they can wait a few days even if they needed a rehouse.

Anyway, I'm glad you T is doing ok after all that. Good luck and congrats on the baby.