ok I did it

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just to let ya know that I got a flat rock scorp. I was told it is a color morph when I get some time I will take some pics. And if I have any Questions I will be here posting.

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok I got my first Question. If a scorp is graved? and she is up against the glass can you see the babies in her? I am talking about seeing her underside. It looks like she has babies.

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im pretty sure you wont be able to see the babies inside her. She will just look fat. If she does have babies, after birth they will ride on their mothers back. here is my B. Jacksoni

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can you tell there babies? If she looks like she will pop then she is probally gravid.

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well from what I could see it look very much like babies to me. I could see little claws and little eyes. Well at least that is what it looks like to me. I may just be going crazy.=D

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
On some species you can tell just before they go through partuition. They are pulled so taught that if you get the light just right you can see the young'uns. I know I've seen this on an H.arizonensis in a pet shop once.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Occasionally you can see the young. This is ususlly observed on the more lighter colored species such as the H.arizonensis as Dave mentioned.

John
];')

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
very cool pic--it reminds me of my first encounter with a wolf spider who had dozens of babies on her back...

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She had babies. There are only 3 that I see right now. They are really big to. I will be able to put up a pic in a couple of day's. Is there anything I should due or know? Thanks

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think flat rocks give birth over a period of several days (there was a recent discussion about this on the scorpionfans yahoo group), so you'll probably get more. Dave Gaban recomended seperating the babies when they left the mom's back and rearing them in individual containers as they were much more cannibalistic than most.

Wade