Oingo Boingo

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here's my Usambara mom taking a break from eggsac duty!

Last edited:

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how big is her cage and how much dirt is that? I've noticed she waving :) by the way.. after she is finish.. how are going to get the eggsac from her? :) are you just going to leave it there?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Theraposa...it's ALOT of substrate! She is in the largest critter keeper I have and it's probably at least 16" deep, mostly filled with substrate. She worked hard to make a very deep burrow, and her eggsac is in the bottom third. I'm going to let her incubate the sac herself, Usambaras are usually pretty good moms I've been told. Besides....who wants to try getting the eggsac from her?! Not me!
Since it's right against the side, I'll be able to see the slings emerge as well, so I can prepare and make the container sling proof. I only got 34 slings out of my last Usambara eggsac, so I hope this one goes better.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine isnt a cool webber at all unless it is molting. It typically makes a web in a corner every day and then sits in it all day and destroys it at night and runs around.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
Theraposa...it's ALOT of substrate! She is in the largest critter keeper I have and it's probably at least 16" deep, mostly filled with substrate. She worked hard to make a very deep burrow, and her eggsac is in the bottom third. I'm going to let her incubate the sac herself, Usambaras are usually pretty good moms I've been told. Besides....who wants to try getting the eggsac from her?! Not me!
Since it's right against the side, I'll be able to see the slings emerge as well, so I can prepare and make the container sling proof. I only got 34 slings out of my last Usambara eggsac, so I hope this one goes better.
Holley, have you done anything to the top of the KK so that the lings don't escape if they hatch out before you notice them?
Ed