Oil In scorpion enclosure?!

Ashie

Arachnopeon
I posted a while back about how I thought I hurt my scorpion and update He’s doing great now :)! But I was feeding him tonight and saw a weird oily substance in the enclosure. Anyone know what it could be?

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
is it on the scorpion, the substrate or the walls of the enclosure? What colour is it? Pics would be a great help!

Ashie

Arachnopeon
I’m sorry I thought I had attached a video... idk what happened. It was clear pooled up in the substrate near his burrow.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
its not water or some kind of slime? Is it just in one spot? What sort of substrate is it and is it in the scorpion's burrow. When the scorpion is out, does it look like it has this substance on it? I don't think I've ever heard of anything like this. Pics would help though

Ashie

Arachnopeon
its not water or some kind of slime? Is it just in one spot? What sort of substrate is it and is it in the scorpion's burrow. When the scorpion is out, does it look like it has this substance on it? I don't think I've ever heard of anything like this. Pics would help though
Well it dried up but it wasn’t water. I’ve got the typical coconut substrate in there. It was clear almost like baby oil. It’s not there anymore though and the scorp seems fine.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Oil does not dry up. Mineral- synthetic- vegetable- or palm oil, if it's oil it does not just evaporate like water.
It could be that some invasive creature came by and dropped some eggs in a moist puddle.
Some butterflies produce a sort of slime and then lay their eggs inside of it.
Anyway, I'm sure it didn't came from the scorpion, best to just get rid of it whatever it is....

Ashie

Arachnopeon
Oil does not dry up. Mineral- synthetic- vegetable- or palm oil, if it's oil it does not just evaporate like water.
It could be that some invasive creature came by and dropped some eggs in a moist puddle.
Some butterflies produce a sort of slime and then lay their eggs inside of it.
Anyway, I'm sure it didn't came from the scorpion, best to just get rid of it whatever it is....
That’s why I was like what the hell cuz I went back and it was gone😂 idk it just freaked me out at first cuz it def wasn’t water. But anyway. My little man is doing great

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I posted a while back about how I thought I hurt my scorpion and update He’s doing great now :)! But I was feeding him tonight and saw a weird oily substance in the enclosure. Anyone know what it could be?
Venom, water dragged from the dish, cleaning fluid from grooming, less solid excrement, any number of possibilities.