Ohio T's

secular

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Secular, I hope that you don't bike on 90 or 480 or 71 or the half dozen others. It's a 15-20 minute car ride at 65 mph.
well, the bike i'm referring to has an engine and definitely has no problems at 65mph. i like the kind you pedal as well though. ;)

rYe: for the site, do you intend to whip up this code from scratch or start with some CMS (like drupal, etc)?

seems like we have a decent number around the greater cleveland area so far.

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
rYe: for the site, do you intend to whip up this code from scratch or start with some CMS (like drupal, etc)?

seems like we have a decent number around the greater cleveland area so far.
I normally do the code from scratch, I try to keep it as simple as possible. That way if I can never work the site anybody with basics can follow behind with no problems. If you have any suggestions on the code'n or anything along those lines I'm all ears. And yeah it seems like Cleveland will end up being our strongest "Chapter."

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
What about building on what's here?
You could plan meetings in the afternoon on the same days as the shows (and close by of course) so members would have two reasons to go.
Other types of clubs have their own websites but often put their club message board as part of a bigger site (possibly a topic or thread on Arachnoboards). Lastly, what about the meeting on Feb 1st in Mogadore :) It's a fish meeting but the topic is terrestrial inverts including tarantulas.

death66

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What about building on what's here?
You could plan meetings in the afternoon on the same days as the shows (and close by of course) so members would have two reasons to go.
Other types of clubs have their own websites but often put their club message board as part of a bigger site (possibly a topic or thread on Arachnoboards). Lastly, what about the meeting on Feb 1st in Mogadore :) It's a fish meeting but the topic is terrestrial inverts including tarantulas.
*light bulb*
peerrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect! Perhaps we could get a sticky in "arachnofunctions". I'm also think about going to that meeting as well!

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is what I like to see! Ohio T owners getting together to do what we do! I won't be attending this "Fish expo" seeing as I have no idea where the place is. But to those who do attended awsome and be sure to spread the word of the on-coming Ohio Arachnid Society. I've already talked to a few breeders for T's (several that frequent this board) and have gotten some pretty good feedback/support. I've got one breeder who has a line on an exclusive breeding report! I'm currently working on getting support in the Akron/Canton area but it's nowhere near the size of the possible Cleveland "chapter"... but I'm working on it. :D

I ask all of you who wish to pull this off to use all your resources to dig us up local breeders/sellers of Arachnids, students/teachers or anybody you know. My main goal is to make sure what we have to offer isn't the same thing everybody else has. I don't want this group to be a copy & Paste job.

FRAZE01

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haven't been on here in a while and came acros this and it sounds like a great idea.

Seen1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I won't be able to attend the first meeting that's for sure as I'm clueless where it is, and I have an issue to contend with next month.
I'd suggest posting directions would be a good idea. Also, we can post the meeting on these boards as well as the other site.

crawldad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What about timing these meetings around the once a month Reptile Show?

Seen1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not familar with the Reptile Show. I skimmed back through the thread. But, I've been knocked down with other things, so I'm slightly handicapped with actual meetings. I'm not against a meeting in an area with something else going on, but we'd need directions for those such as myself that are unfamilar with it.
The only Columbus events I've heard of is the Pageant since my sister was in it, and Origins a gaming event. I'm clueless about anything else.

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
THis would be really cool to get something together for Ohio folks.

Renee

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry I've been MIA from this thread, things got hectic in life and I've had little time for any message boards. I think I've finally figured out the style I'd like to try for our site! Below is a link to a half finished e-wrestling hall of fame for my other website (about to celebrate 5 years). I'm looking to do the same side menus but not sure seeing as it would mean each new addition to a menu would require adding on to every page on the site. And on the middle ground in my neck of the woods it looks like I can get a few members.

Sample Site

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the links, on a side note... those sights sucked. Not the info (what little they offered) but the layout. Not to sound like I'm nit picking but you'd think they could come up with something that looked better then that. Maybe I should contact whoever runs those sights and trade some HTML work for addy space at shows?

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ohio T Group. Not bad. I'm around Cleveland.

I thought about this already. I was thinking of something a little more tightly knit. We've some heavy hitters here - some big time T guys.

ATA (formerly known as Soulsick - the Blondi Man)

Cheers!

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It be great. to do that..
i am in the cincinnati area.

Seen1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll await when the site is completed. As to meetings, I just started another job, so I'll be in limbo for a while

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah I hear yeah seen1980, I've only been able to get minor work done on a site. Like always once I have big plans other stuff just drops on my door, but fear not I'm still 100% behind getting an OHIO ARACH society going.

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ohio T Group. Not bad. I'm around Cleveland.

I thought about this already. I was thinking of something a little more tightly knit. We've some heavy hitters here - some big time T guys.

ATA (formerly known as Soulsick - the Blondi Man)

Cheers!
That's kinda what Im' going for with this, get all of Ohio together but allow for each region to form their own "CHAPTER."