Ohio Pet stores

47KEARNS47

Arachnopeon
Does anyone know where I can find Old World T's in Ohio? I've been to some Reptile expos, but none of the T dealers seem to have business cards. My wife, kids and I would like to hit up some stores that might sell Old world T's or some that carry more than a rose hair or Avic slings. Might any of you be able to find any store located in Ohio or Western PA that carry anything beyond what a PETCO might carry? We have been dealing with Fear Not Tarantulas for our online ordering, but would like to see a few in person prior to purchasing a d don't always have time for the expos.

MetallicArachnid

Arachnosquire
Swifts Inverts, Stamps Tarantulas, Ken the Bug Guy are a few I've done business with. You're best bet for finding somebody local would be to look into exotic groups for your area on social media and keep hitting the expos, ordering online isn't bad either just make sure you're getting overnight shipping and LAG.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I know of one here in darke county but sounds like that would be a very long drive.

47KEARNS47

Arachnopeon
I know of one here in darke county but sounds like that would be a very long drive.
Can you get me a name of the store and perhaps a number? If they have a decent selection or something my son and wife might be after I'll be more than willing to make the drive

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Will you name the place, It looks to be less than 2 hours from Cincinnati.
Darke county pets & supplies, animal rights activists were trying to have them shut down for feeding mice to their snakes, the activists sent an inspector in there and he said every animal looked perfectly healthy, so I am not sure they are still open, because they were at a point of just throwing in the towel. I hope they are still open because that is where I get crickets, roaches and mealworms not to mention the tarantulas. They do not always have OWs, but you won't leave the store empty handed. I am going there next week and I'll see if they're hopefully still open, then I will post to the thread if they are or are not

47KEARNS47

Arachnopeon
Darke county pets & supplies, animal rights activists were trying to have them shut down for feeding mice to their snakes, the activists sent an inspector in there and he said every animal looked perfectly healthy, so I am not sure they are still open, because they were at a point of just throwing in the towel. I hope they are still open because that is where I get crickets, roaches and mealworms not to mention the tarantulas. They do not always have OWs, but you won't leave the store empty handed. I am going there next week and I'll see if they're hopefully still open, then I will post to the thread if they are or are not
AWESOME. Thank you.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Is there a Jack's Aquarium and Pets in your vicinity? Only brick and mortar store locally that carries tarantulas regularly. I've seen OW species occassionly, mostly NW, priced higher than I like to pay. Bought an C. fimbriatus, 2"+, $50 about this time 2 years back. They do have a limited catalog list of species they can order for you, but that defeats the "seeing before buying" aspect you want. All I can offer atm.

47KEARNS47

Arachnopeon
Is there a Jack's Aquarium and Pets in your vicinity? Only brick and mortar store locally that carries tarantulas regularly. I've seen OW species occassionly, mostly NW, priced higher than I like to pay. Bought an C. fimbriatus, 2"+, $50 about this time 2 years back. They do have a limited catalog list of species they can order for you, but that defeats the "seeing before buying" aspect you want. All I can offer atm.
Are you referring to the one in Middletown or Findlay?

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Perfect that's even better? The store is still there?
Was 6 months ago, doubtful they closed, its a small chain store. Located in the Graceland shopping center, east off High St. and north of Morse Rd.
Another is located by JoAnn Fabrics, also Morse Rd. just east of the 270 outerbelt. Haven't been in that one for at least 5 years now.

Lunitar

Arachnoslacker
Just an FYI Jacks aquarium was bought by Pet Valu early 2015.

The 2 stores around here are still open, I will have to check them out.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
wait, youre not buying from the dealers at the expo because they dont have business cards??

obie

Arachnosquire
Where are you in ohio. I usually attend the Cleveland reptile show and they always have some ow's. What species were you looking for. There were some old world's on Craigslist youngstown if your near there ;)

47KEARNS47

Arachnopeon
Where are you in ohio. I usually attend the Cleveland reptile show and they always have some ow's. What species were you looking for. There were some old world's on Craigslist youngstown if your near there ;)
I'm from the Wooster Area, but I work up in East Cleveland (Richmond Heights)
I never even thought of look on Craigslist.
I'm looking for some Chiliobrachys, hopefully a little bigger than a sling. Perhaps a Cobalt Blue as well.