Ohh ahh ouch woo gaa #@$*&%

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got tagged by my 5 foot black rat snake! He thought i was food when i tried to get his water dish to clean it and started trying to bite, just when i thought it would be an good idea to get his head he located my hand and got a good bite on my middle finger, the bad part is he rapped both of my hands up in a ball and started chewing! So i had both hands tied up and my finger hurting like all heck, and he was not letting go! My finger was bleeding quite good and he was biting hard! I finally got my good hand free and then got his mouth pried off my finger after like 2-3 minutes!
Whooowe did that hurt. And the worst part is my mom and little brothers where in the room, so I, should we say, had to watch what i said;) {D
That had to be my worst bite since the 7 foot boa thought i was food...
I need to lean, but no lasting damage. Cant wait till i am 18 and can start getting hots...:? :}

So that's my story of the night.

~Samuel

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just got tagged by my 5 foot black rat snake! He thought i was food when i tried to get his water dish to clean it and started trying to bite, just when i thought it would be an good idea to get his head he located my hand and got a good bite on my middle finger, the bad part is he rapped both of my hands up in a ball and started chewing! So i had both hands tied up and my finger hurting like all heck, and he was not letting go! My finger was bleeding quite good and he was biting hard! I finally got my good hand free and then got his mouth pried off my finger after like 2-3 minutes!
Whooowe did that hurt. And the worst part is my mom and little brothers where in the room, so I, should we say, had to watch what i said;) {D
That had to be my worst bite since the 7 foot boa thought i was food...
I need to lean, but no lasting damage. Cant wait till i am 18 and can start getting hots...:? :}

So that's my story of the night.

~Samuel
you got bit by a black rat snake? and want to get hots? Umm
oookkk
i suggest a nice ball python lol just keep it 90degrees and it will be hot lol

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol good one man. I was bit because i was picking up a snake that was trying to bite me, should have just grabbed a hook, if i ever get hots it will be a different story!

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The end of a bite story is not the best place to say that you can't wait to get venomous snakes.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol the bit was just a standard cleaning bite,
Working with a hot would be much different.

Actually i just handled my first hot today, guy at a conservation program let me hold (with a hook and tail) his 3 foot southern copperhead. I have known the guy for a long time and he knew i was going to be safe, that was soo awesome I'm still so pumped from that!

~Samuel;

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol the bit was just a standard cleaning bite,
Working with a hot would be much different.

Actually i just handled my first hot today, guy at a conservation program let me hold (with a hook and tail) his 3 foot southern copperhead. I have known the guy for a long time and he knew i was going to be safe, that was soo awesome I'm still so pumped from that!

~Samuel;
that's sweet.. it must be quite a feeling holding a snake that could potentially make your finger look black and painful for a while.

edit: for the hell of it, i looked up copperhead bites. That sucks is all i have to say. but hey, some people just need to learn a lesson.

Last edited:

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that's sweet.. it must be quite a feeling holding a snake that could potentially make your finger look black and painful for a while.
It was truly amazing, i was in just about no danger since the snake was calm, and i have tons of experince hooking mean snakes so its not like i was doing anything rash or unduly dangerous(like when people hold there pet cobras and such)

edit: for the hell of it, i looked up copperhead bites. That sucks is all i have to say. but hey, some people just need to learn a lesson.
Hmm, what exactly do you mean by that?

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hahaaha

sorry about that man guess ur lucky it wasnt anything more venomous!! and nice one drachenjager i laughed a good 5 minutes from the joke u said!!!!!

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It was truly amazing, i was in just about no danger since the snake was calm, and i have tons of experince hooking mean snakes so its not like i was doing anything rash or unduly dangerous(like when people hold there pet cobras and such)

Hmm, what exactly do you mean by that?
by some people, i mean the ones that actively harass these species.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry about that man guess ur lucky it wasnt anything more venomous!! and nice one drachenjager i laughed a good 5 minutes from the joke u said!!!!!
LOL i think you got your facts wrong, i got bit by a black snake;P just picking him up to show someone when he thought i was food,
But at a wildlife conservation show the next day (was manning the herp society table and reptile rescue table) i got to hold a copper head (ya know, hand on the tail and a hook, completely safe if you know what your doing)
by some people, i mean the ones that actively harass these species.
Yea with the round ups and all, its quite a shame. The Herp society i'm part of has been doing a lot to get the ones in PA shut down, i think there are only a few left that have not stopped, and they are not doing it much better (ie making sure the right snakes are put in the exact places, and the with the new regs its going to be 99.97% sure its a male which will not hurt the population to much if it does die.)

Arietans

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A hook-and-tail on a viper is not safe handling mate.
Grabbing a viper by the tail effectively puts you within strike range. Besides, there's no need to tail a Copperhead. Rides a hook like it was born to.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A hook-and-tail on a viper is not safe handling mate.
Grabbing a viper by the tail effectively puts you within strike range. Besides, there's no need to tail a Copperhead. Rides a hook like it was born to.

I understand that, but for an adult copperhead i think it was not doing anything unduly dangerous to lift her up by the tail and the hook, she was quite large, almost too big for just hooking, it could have damaged her spine. Two hooks maybe but it was just as safe and much easier to use a hand, plus i wanted to get the chance to do it with a venomous snake, and doing it with a captive snake that is used for programs is about as safe as it can get.
I had been doing it all day with large pissy water snakes and had not gotten tagged once, and i was not even as careful.

Arietans

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Venomous snakes, especially placid ones have this way of reminding you they are dangerous. The scar on my leg from a Puff Adder bite does a good job of reminding me. Even if she is used to shows, if you startle her, she will strike. And you too will have a lasting reminder.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know she could bite, that is why i used the utmost caution. But its still easier then a snake that is striking every which way...

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just can't figure out why round ups are even legal... I hate humans, we really do screw everything up.