Oh sweet jesus. Container store hat boxes

evilebe

Arachnosquire
Holy hat boxes batman. Stopped by the container store the other night and came across these beauties. I don't like the frills and wouldn't use a lot of these but would buy one for a display enclosure. IV'e always been drawn to the round enclosures. Sorry if this is a repost.

Attachments

bigjej

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How easy is it to lift the lid? Would we need a way to secure it shut if using with large t's or pedes?

evilebe

Arachnosquire
How easy is it to lift the lid? Would we need a way to secure it shut if using with large t's or pedes?
I think it's hard enough that you wouldn't need that. They're heavier material than the crystal clear shoe boxes they sale.

raggamuffin415

Arachnosquire
How easy is it to drill vent holes too? Some of those types of containers crack hella easily

kurgara galatur

Arachnopeon
"Sweet Jesus!" is right. I don't know why their design and material isn't more popular, except for maybe the price. The lids are relatively heavy and extend pretty snugly down the side--escapes are unlikely. I have three, two with vent holes made with a soldering gun. I would avoid drilling the thick plastic, but maybe it'd be ok with a really small bit. I have another with no vent holes, in which I keep B. giganteus nymphs. They're burrowers, and their vegetables and fruits spoil much more slowly I find. The containers themselves stay really clean and the animals inside all look great. Recommended.

Last edited: