Oh snap!

AK47

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So its been 1.5 yrs now and I thought all this time I had a male. I noticed "he" didn't come out from its bufrrow for past 2 months and supprise! I see little scorplings all over inside the hideout. Now what? My intention was just to have 1 and keep it. I am kinda lost at the moment. Its an LQ and now I know its a female and she has NEVER looked gravid to me. Help?

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Separate into little boxes after they crawl off the mom and feed prekilled crickets and roaches. Find a local pet or reptile shop that would buy some or at least take some. Sell to friends. Dang, just realized the species. Good luck. Basic baby care.feed prekilled food while they’re still on the back.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
No need to feed at all while they’re on the back of mom, they will leave after a short while.
When they’ve left her back, separate them and feed prekilled prey as Matt said.

AK47

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great advices ! Well they allllll are hanging upside down in the cave. I threw in 2 large crickets for the mom and 12 pinkies crickets in. Only 2 pinkie survived. I figured in the wild... nature ain't gonna pre-kill their meal.

Side note: I read somewhere that LQ are not cannibals among themselves when they are youngins...so I figured get a 5 gallon tank and throw them all in there with heat and very little humidity. For food just use tiny pinkies again.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Oh yes, live prey is perfectly fine if you have access to small enough prey. Sometimes prekilled is just easier because it doesn’t matter if it’s too big.

No experience with communal keeping of this species. I believe it’s often unsuccessful, but I don’t keep Leiurus, so not fully sure.

AK47

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will wait till they are 2i very soon. ..then it goes up on sale at a very reasonable price I say around $12-14 each. They get fed every other day..fat and plump. I think the price is reasonable. I figure shipping will be around $12-20 depends on zip code area. Its still summer so its safe to ship. No international shipping. More progress pics.
This one is venturing out.

Attachments

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
They are already i2 when they leave mom. First instar they are white, bloated little things, then they molt to i2 on the mom’s back and leave a few days after. After the next molt, they’ll be i3.

AK47

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are already i2 when they leave mom. First instar they are white, bloated little things, then they molt to i2 on the mom’s back and leave a few days after. After the next molt, they’ll be i3.
Well then folks they are on sale..lol