Oh no their growing on me

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No it's not moss,mites,mold or any kind of fungus that's growing on me.
My problem is those pesky arboreals i swore on a stack nat geo magazines that under no circumstances were any arboreal tarantulas making their way into my collection as my previous time in the hobby i had an adult female Avic avic and 2 juvenile males (these were the 1st 3 I sold when I left the hobby) fast forward to this time around and about 18 months ago i saw a juvenile Avicularia sp kwitara and i just fell in love so off i went and found myself a kwitara sling aswell as a sp pucallpa sling as a few months went by i found myself again wishing i had got another terrestrial instead anyway a guy who i used to work with offered me almost 3 times what i paid for them so i let them go.
A few months later I found myself looking at Avicularia sp again i decided that i was going to get just 1 arboreal and under no circumstances was it getting sold so i looked and looked some more until i finally made my decision an Avicularia metallica sling was the one, as i was looking at other tarantulas i saw an Avicularia sp colombia sling and after some careful research and thinking the beautiful little sling was also added anyway fast forward to where i am today and since the metallica and sp colombia I've added a Avicularia braunshauseni sling and a Pachistopelma bromelicola sling i was also given a Psalmopoeus cambridgei as a freebie and as of now i found myself drawn towards these 5 during feeding time I'm also drawn towards arboreals when I'm browsing for new additions, I've decided recently that my 4 mature males are going to be replaced by arboreal sp of some sort when the time comes whether they will be Avics, Taps Pachistopelma or Psalmos i guess only time will tell and i suppose the truth is in this hobby you should never dismiss anything

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
No it's not moss,mites,mold or any kind of fungus that's growing on me.
My problem is those pesky arboreals i swore on a stack nat geo magazines that under no circumstances were any arboreal tarantulas making their way into my collection as my previous time in the hobby i had an adult female Avic avic and 2 juvenile males (these were the 1st 3 I sold when I left the hobby) fast forward to this time around and about 18 months ago i saw a juvenile Avicularia sp kwitara and i just fell in love so off i went and found myself a kwitara sling aswell as a sp pucallpa sling as a few months went by i found myself again wishing i had got another terrestrial instead anyway a guy who i used to work with offered me almost 3 times what i paid for them so i let them go.
A few months later I found myself looking at Avicularia sp again i decided that i was going to get just 1 arboreal and under no circumstances was it getting sold so i looked and looked some more until i finally made my decision an Avicularia metallica sling was the one, as i was looking at other tarantulas i saw an Avicularia sp colombia sling and after some careful research and thinking the beautiful little sling was also added anyway fast forward to where i am today and since the metallica and sp colombia I've added a Avicularia braunshauseni sling and a Pachistopelma bromelicola sling i was also given a Psalmopoeus cambridgei as a freebie and as of now i found myself drawn towards these 5 during feeding time I'm also drawn towards arboreals when I'm browsing for new additions, I've decided recently that my 4 mature males are going to be replaced by arboreal sp of some sort when the time comes whether they will be Avics, Taps Pachistopelma or Psalmos i guess only time will tell and i suppose the truth is in this hobby you should never dismiss anything
I was the same and only kept terrestrials up until earlier this year, apart from an Avic. avic I had almost a decade ago. I got a P. ornata and P. regalis that were given unsuitable living conditions from a couple of pet stores. That was it. Now the rooms packed with Psalmos, got couple Avics and a P. met. I think the enclosures are good for display other than tubs of dirt heheh

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was the same and only kept terrestrials up until earlier this year, apart from an Avic. avic I had almost a decade ago. I got a P. ornata and P. regalis that were given unsuitable living conditions from a couple of pet stores. That was it. Now the rooms packed with Psalmos, got couple Avics and a P. met. I think the enclosures are good for display other than tubs of dirt heheh
For now at least i still prefer my terrestrials and my collection will always contain them (I've no choice really I've got a juvenile female B emilia that came from an egg sac in jan 2013) but I'm open to any tarantula as long as i can give it the right care. i get a feeling I'll end up with more arboreals though

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I'm really partial to Exo-terra enclosures ($$$) and that's what keeps me from adding arboreals to my collection faster. In the beginning, I had no interest in arboreals at all, mainly because I thought the care would be a hassle. I heard Avic's die too easy and the rest were flying crazed maniacs. I was given an Avic sling and was sure I'd kill it but is still alive and thriving. I added a MF P regalis later and she's a sweetheart. Then 2 Psalms and now an H mac on the way. Arboreals are now an essential part of my collection. If only I had more space

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I was of the same thinking as you - they were too much of a hassle, too difficult to keep alive (especially as youngsters) and just not worth it when that room could be taken up with a glorious bulky terrestrial.
Then... Juniper, my Avicularia avicularia female happened.
I fell in love instantly and now have two more avics with another two on the way...
_DSC6655-2-2C.jpg