oh no!dropped my tarantula!!!:(

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:( I have a broken left arm and while i was moving C.bechuanicus,5" female to a new enclosure, about a foot above the ground i accidently dropped the tarantua:( (i wasn't handling)
it kinda fell on its side ~ back, and it seemed to be ok.
few seconds later, poo-like stuff came out from its abdomen
it's doesn't seem to be really hurt but i'm kinda worried after seeing that weird thing come out:(
is this ok?

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Did it come out where poo should come out, or from an opening that isn't supposed to be there?

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did it come out where poo should come out, or from an opening that isn't supposed to be there?
it came out normally, not from a wound or something.
the tarantula thankfuly looks okay..i'm just worried
thanks for a quick reply

prey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
interested

Please keep me posted on this. I had a similar thing happen when I was a kid with what was sold to me as a "Honduran Bird Spider". It's been 20 years, and I have no pics, but in retrospect it was definately a male -- brown with ponounced front leg hooks and did sperm "webs". The internet is a wonderful tool. I wish I had had pics. This guy didn't ever even hint toward urticating hairs, but had a formidable legspan and was pretty aggressive and swiftly climbed like an arboreal (again, in retrospect). Sometimes I wonder if I had an old world. He died after (like recommended against in now readily available info.) getting a leg caught in my child set-up screen lid and hit the substrate with a "full" abdomen. I'll not lie: as I child I hoped we would pull through, but he didn't. Any abdomen breach seems likely fatal (sorry). Hopefully it wasn't that for yours! :8o

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My t fell from about a ft above ground ..
luckily..it didn't fall completely on its abdomen, but hit its back leg, then the abdomen.
thx alot for the info.
i'll just hope she's well/.

bigo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i had a B.ruhnaui and my kid brother dropped her cage from about two feet and she seem okay about then 2 days later she was in a death curl so i would give it a day or two. because your T could have internal damage good luck

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I've had a mature female A. seemani fall four feet off a table onto carpet on its back. Perfectly fine, because it wasn't overly fed.

Last edited:

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They do pop easier when they're really fat. I found that out the hard way once. :( Now I feed a little less and take precautions to prevent tank-tips.

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i checked back (1 day after the incident)
she seems fine (as if nothing happened) right now luckily.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
fall

Sounds like her leg did cushion the fall somewhat, glad she seems ok.

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thankfully she seems fine.
she's webbing around normally, but I haven't given her a crick yet.

Mr.Scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Could it have been poop? I once dropped my A. Seemani about 2 feet, then she pooped I guess from the stress. I'm glad it's ok.

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah it looked like poop to me,
I think she's fine now.
Thanks for all the input.!:)

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a scare like that. We have side-opening cages where I work. Well, I opened the cage and the little A. seemani occupant ran into my lap and off my knee which as about a ft off the ground. S/he seemed fine even after me chasing the little stinker across the room.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
since she is apparently going to be fine i think i can joke about it now...

so, you sure scared the poop out of her, eh?

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Lol... I was waiting a few days before throwing that one out there too. {D