Oh no a loose Tarantula

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have had a captive escape! My Usambara sling is on the boot! I thought that I would move the growing sling from her/ his deli cup and put her/him in a tiny pet pal. Well I guess the vent slits were to large and the Usambara is now free! I hope I find it soon.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Compared to other tarantulas I've kept, they seem to do remrkably well free-range. I gave one to a friend once, and it escaped. He found it months later, bigger, in the back of his sock drawer! It had built retreat and everything!

Wade

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
yes, I've heard they do free range quite sucessfully as well!
I have a friend that had an eggsac, and he didn't separate the babies before dispersal, he had them all over his apartment. He found one as it was biting him ;)
It was about an inch or so by this time. I guess they do quite well in an arid environment!

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ouch

Thats a pretty tough way of finding your Usumbara's, I don't think i would like to find one in the back of my Sock Drawer either :eek:

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Ouch

Originally posted by chaset
Thats a pretty tough way of finding your Usumbara's, I don't think i would like to find one in the back of my Sock Drawer either :eek:
well......better the sock drawer than the undies drawer, eh?
Ed