Oh My God!

U

Unregistered

My chilean rose just scared the hell out of me!

She wasn't eating the cricket, so I reached my hand in to take it out. I must have touched her hairs, because she pounced onto my hand. I was certain I was going to get bitten!

Fortunately, she decided not to bite me. But I was so scared, I jerked my hand back, almost tipping the critter keeper onto it's side. That no doubt scared Rosie even more than she scared me. Jeez, now I feel kinda bad about the whole thing.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you have had plenty of close calls, but I just thought I'd share my first experience with being scared $hitless by a tarantula.

Later.

whoami?

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
My closest call was when i was handling my juvenile curly, it was the 2nd time holding him. He ran up my sleeve and wouldnt come out. I was afraid that if i slid my arm out of my sleeve, my hand would spook him and he would bite. It took my brother and sister helping me before we got him out safely. My biggest worry is not me getting bitten, but me hurting him, not being confident is a way of doing this. The more you hold it, the more your confidence grows. Now i am totally comfortable and let him run all up me.

U

Unregistered

I thought I was confident. That is, until she jumped on me. I mean, I handle my grumpy scorpions. I even once tried to handle a Hysterocrates gigas (dumb, I know, but it was my first T and I didn't know how aggressive they are).

And just when I think that I'm cool and in control, my G rosea jumps on me and I freak.

whoami?

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Dont worry, it happens to the best of us, the little ball of fur that haunts my dreams still manages to spook me every now and again.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
My G pulchra is famous for 'pouncing' on my hand. He jumps rapidly with his palps and front legs...scaring the crap out of me everytime...
I'm pretty sure he's doing it on purpose to scare me :)
Luckily, his reflexes are way better than mine, and he jumps back almost before I can blink