Oh Good Ol' CL

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Well, you guessed it, I returned to check my local area for some spicy sales on T's. Found an interesting one, was wondering if I could get ya'll opinion!

0.1 4" B. Auratum
0.1 4" P. Muticus

They're asking for $500. Sounds a bit steep to me. I will be asking for proof of sex before even getting close to talking about purchasing.

If you were going to buy it, what seems like a more fair pricing?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
too much $$$
I mean a 4" B Auratum is probably worth $250 but I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for the Muticus. <edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
too much $$$
I mean a 4" B Auratum is probably worth $250 but I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for the Muticus. <edit>
Yeah that’s why I didn’t make an offer. I figured it was too much but I’d wait to ask y’all seasoned folks for a number to shoot for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
it's pretty much top retail. We had a local guy who had a bunch of cool Ts with 'rehousing fees'. I inquired about the pricing and it was 'too much, too much, and too much"

Liquifin

Arachnoking
B. auratum females are worth something, but there is quite a lot of female B. auratum in comparison to males in the hobby. I'd ask $150 for the female B. auratum and $45 for the P. muticus female.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
B. auratum females are worth something, but there is quite a lot of female B. auratum in comparison to males in the hobby. I'd ask $150 for the female B. auratum and $45 for the P. muticus female.
I agree with these prices. Also, craig's list in my area (MD) has been full of scammers lately, including tarantulas. Be careful, but $500 for those two are nuts

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I had a guy that had an AF P Formosa and 3 2" Juvies, all in a single enclosure for $700. I'm like "expensive and I have to get 3 pokies out as soon as I buy it"

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
it's pretty much top retail. We had a local guy who had a bunch of cool Ts with 'rehousing fees'. I inquired about the pricing and it was 'too much, too much, and too much"
As a former San Diegan, I know exactly who you are talking about! I emailed the same guy and when he told me his prices I laughed. Somehow also, all of them were supposedly females. And in the photo one was clearly a mature male. But yeah, if you're selling them, just say so! Waste of time.

Necrodude

Arachnopeon
I agree with these prices. Also, craig's list in my area (MD) has been full of scammers lately, including tarantulas. Be careful, but $500 for those two are nuts
I live in MD also. Either they want way to much for what they have or obvious scammers. I love how they say "rehome fee" but post prices more then retail.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
I live in MD also. Either they want way to much for what they have or obvious scammers. I love how they say "rehome fee" but post prices more then retail.
It’s for this reason that I stopped checking craigslist people’s pricing makes no sense

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I always ask for pics and often see pics of spiders that are definitely not the species listed

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Sub adult 3" DLS C cyaneopubescens (unsexed) and sub adult 3.5" DLS Female C marshalli both in T Crib 8 x 6 x 6 habitats, well set up. $170 for all.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
You people and your good local sales, agh. Someone 6 hours away from me has a juvie T. vagans....nope not worth it.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
You people and your good local sales, agh. Someone 6 hours away from me has a juvie T. vagans....nope not worth it.
Hahaha....yeah I'm pretty much in the same situation. Nobody within a few hours of where I live has anything regarding tarantulas posted.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
2 weekends ago checked out 4 Ts at a shop(had a local add to "rehome") that doesn't sell tarantulas at all. Owner had no clue what he had so went and checked them out. He had been babysitting them for a customer that never picked them back up.

Enclosures were really gross. 2 were Exo Nano Talls and the other 2 were extra large critter keepers. The conditions turned me off but I kept looking to identify. 1 was a N. chromatus, one was a A. avic, one appeares to be a MM A. hentzei, and the 4th was poisonous. I laughed to myself, lol. My inspection lead me to believe it was a P. regalis.

Calculating things in my head. Already have a Chromatus and a Pinktoe. Knew nothing about the Brown, and wasn't quite prepared for a Pokie. 2 enclosures would clean up nice and the keepers are nice back ups. All are sub adult/young adult except the hentzei.

So......I'm thinking. $125 popped out and that was my rescue mode kicking in. The shop owner said ok, got cash? Haha.

Anyway, got them home and started cleaning things and the light hit the Pokie just right. Not a regalis but a 4" P. metallica! Best deal I've had in a while ;)

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
if they were the Mini Talls (12 x 12 x 18) you made your investment back right there. (plus enclosures for the Pokie and the Avic)
spike the dang ball, you scored