Official H arizonensis thread

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The Hadrurus and Smeringurus are very easy to tell apart theirs a huge difference in them for 1 the Smeringurus has a slender tail and is straw yellow color, unlike the Hadrurus which has a meaner tail and is a caramel color apart from the pallidus morph, also body structure is completely different.

Malystryx

Arachnopeon
Hello! I am trying to set up my h arizonensis habitat. I have 100 pounds of playsand and 10 pounds of excavator clay from a pet store. I am trying to figure out how I go about making a 70/30 mixture. I don't even know what that means nor do I know how to do it properly. I really want to get his habitat set up so I can go buy a scorpion. Can someone please tell me how I go about making about 4-5 inches of mixture for him in my tank so he can burrow?? Like, do I just pour sand in the tank, and then the clay, then add water and mix it all up?? How much do I put of each? I am not good at math or ratios and stuff so like I assume I use a cooking measuring cup but like how do I make 70/30? Please help me!!!!

Wishorama

Arachnopeon
Hi Malystryx. Did you get it sorted out? I just noticed your question and wanted to respond. For mine, I did a mixture test by mixing three different ratios of sand to clay. Then I wet them and balled them up and allowed them to dry for a few days. Afterwards I dug into them with my finger to judge if it held its shape but wasn’t too hard to dig into. I don’t recall the exact amount but I found I needed far less clay than people usually say to use. My scorpion has made elaborate tunnels and they are working fine.