Off with your legs!

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just rehoused a P. murinus sling and chopped off two of it's front legs on one side catch cupping it. At least there isn't any leaking fluids and obts grow rapidly. I feel so bad as this is the first time I've ever injured a pet and I'd be upset if I lost two of my legs too.

*sighs*

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It doesn't appreciate the extra moisture I provided to quench the thirst for my blood. :/

20160826_203949.jpg 20160826_203919.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
This is an arid species and should be kept on bone dry substrate. That's a young juvenile, it can handle an arid environment at this point.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is an arid species and should be kept on bone dry substrate. That's a young juvenile, it can handle an arid environment at this point.
I know this maaan. I just added that in case it wanted some water (no water dish for these punks) from such a traumatic experience. I mean, if someone cut my legs off I'd appreciate a glass of water. Besides it'll dry up in no time in this dry city I live in and it's the last water it will see for a long time.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I know this maaan. I just added that in case it wanted some water (no water dish for these punks) from such a traumatic experience. I mean, if someone cut my legs off I'd appreciate a glass of water. Besides it'll dry up in no time in this dry city I live in.
Ah, okay, I thought you were keeping it that humid! I knew that you knew better :)

You're not going to like what I have to say, but I'd suggest a rehouse :D This is a burrowing/webbing species. Either provide plenty of substrate or plenty of anchor points. The picture could be deceiving, but it looks like you just have a hunk of wood in there.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ah, okay, I thought you were keeping it that humid! I knew that you knew better :)

You're not going to like what I have to say, but I'd suggest a rehouse :D This is a burrowing/webbing species. Either provide plenty of substrate or plenty of anchor points. The picture could be deceiving, but it looks like you just have a hunk of wood in there.
I definitely don't keep my obts humid.

Grrrrr!!!! Fite me m8! Irl!!!!!
Jk...

It is deceiving. There is about 3" of sub, a curved piece of cork bark with a starter burrow under, another piece of cork bark standing next to it and a few stems poked into the sub around the edges. The resident is about .75".

As soon as it's carapace exceeds the size of my solder wand's tip I can set it up an one of those larger AMAC type containers I have my A. chalcodes and G. pulchripes in.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey buuuudday @EulersK ,

Here's some better pics of the 32oz.
Less than 24 hours and almost completely dry.

20160827_160738.jpg 20160827_160812.jpg 20160827_161257.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Looking good! Looks like a happy little devil to me.

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
I pictured it as a man with no legs but 2 bleeding stumps, sitting on a chair:
"Well, can I have a glass of water?"