Odd thought

Articratnula

Arachnopeon
I have a weird question. During the summer I usually work for a state park and since I am outside the ticks are always attacking me, but I heard about sulfur and I am going to start take sulfur pills during the summer to keep them off. But as Tarantulas are arachnids like ticks by me taking the pills will the tarantulas be harmed by my smell?

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a weird question. During the summer I usually work for a state park and since I am outside the ticks are always attacking me, but I heard about sulfur and I am going to start take sulfur pills during the summer to keep them off. But as Tarantulas are arachnids like ticks by me taking the pills will the tarantulas be harmed by my smell?
Sulfur pills can't taste good. Lol :barf:

Twistedrayne

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I can't say that I know much about the subject, but it's my understanding that it was the smell that drove ticks off your trail? If so, then I'd be willing to guess it's the same for Ts. If that's the case, then I don't think your smell will hurt them, since you are not directly exposing them to it. In fact, I don't think they'd care much either way.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd give it a try. If you have any pricey Ts or ones you're particularly attached to, I might not try to directly handle them or their food for the summer if possible. I had a friend who's family was crazy about consuming something, was either garlic or onions, & it was wafted out of her pores.

But, i'd rather loose a T or two if it helps you not get a tick born disease. I have lyme disease & it's not cool.