Odd plant flowers

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
This is a bush commonly found around here that practices being just plain weird. It's common name/term is cow-leung, white-yellow.The flowers open up overnight, a bright white. Then some time during the following day, usually in the afternoon, they suddenly turn yellow. I mean instantly. A flower a few minutes earlier that was white is now yellow. I keep watching to see the transition but so far have missed it.

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
The flowers have a really interesting shape to them, almost like fan blades. How big are the flowers? How big is the bush?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Bush gets up to about 6 foot tall. Flowers are always a uniform 2 1/2 inches.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm kind of interested in that plant and couldn't find the common name on the internet associated with that plant. Is that the only name the locals call it?

schmiggle

Arachnoking
They look a bit like some gardenias, but those seem to have eight petals...does anybody know about gardenias that have other numbers of petals? Otherwise I will keep looking. :) Always down for a plant ID puzzle, except sometimes.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Based on my zero knowledge of plants but my decent researching skills...I am thinking Gardenia tubifera?