Odd or not

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Was looking at my mealworm colony and thought I wonder so you may not be able to see it the best but mealworm beetle bit the dust may not ever take them again but he took the first one IMG_20170413_215200061~2.jpg

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Well it's not odd. A hungry spider will try to kill anything to scale that moves and wanders within its sight. It's just that mealworm beetles are not really a good food source since most of their mass is just a hard chitin shell. They don't really benefit from a such diet. It won't harm the spider, but the nutrient % is near to 0 :)

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Right I guess I just had it in my head that they wouldn't eat them not sure why but was surprised to see him snatch it up so quickly

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Wow that's no joke when he first grabbed it and but down it was o loud cautght me off guard

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I love it when one of my spiders takes down a beetle. (I don't include the beetles as a staple diet, just every once in a while).
My B.kahlenbergi loves them. Or hates them with a passion since it takes the beetle down mid air usually. And then it goes CRUNCH and I had fun as well :D

Jerry

Arachnobaron
So I might have to rotate them in every once and a while

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I wouldn't intentionally use a beetle out of fear for the fangs being damaged.