Odd Hisser

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I guess I've had my Hissers going for around 4 years now. No new ones added, yet I get odd-balls now and then. Most look like the one in the first pic, odd one in the second pic.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't think that's uncommon, I get a lot of those as well as other variants, black, striped, etc. I think I have more different ones than the typical ones actually.
The colony has been going like this for four years or so, the only trend I've noticed is that I don't get the really huge over 3" males anymore. I've heard that this could be due to overcrowding, always seems like it's time to get rid of some.

Bill

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If I start seeing alot of small males I purge the colony down to 20 females and 10 males and some nymphs.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
looks like my colony, I don't see any in my colony that have the black margins like some in yours. I'm about to clean mine out and get rid of the fast moving isopods in there, I don't like those.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think they are great looking, especially the mostly black one in the middle of the group that has almost a figure 8 in orange on it's back.