Odd GBB behaviour?

sasker

Arachnoprince
Not odd. Just an adult male filling up his 'boxing gloves'. Search for information on how tarantulas procreate, and you know it is normal.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Looks like it's just webbed over its water dish and is hanging out...
Does it have another water dish that's full?

sasker

Arachnoprince
Looks like it's just webbed over its water dish and is hanging out...
Some time after the final molt of a male tarantula, he webs a thick horizontal web on which he deposits his sperm. He then crawls under this web and sucks it op with the little needle-like protrusions at the end of his pedipalps. This is what he inserts into the female. It doesn't look at all like he just webbed over his water dish and that he is hanging out.

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
It did hook out a moth ago. Its appetite is virtually non existent. I did lose a pedipalp after its last molt. I guess its time to ship it off to do its thing. Its pretty small, only about 3.5 inches. C'est la vie.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Some time after the final molt of a male tarantula, he webs a thick horizontal web on which he deposits his sperm. He then crawls under this web and sucks it op with the little needle-like protrusions at the end of his pedipalps. This is what he inserts into the female. It doesn't look at all like he just webbed over his water dish and that he is hanging out.
My mistake. Thanks for the info