Odd g.rosea behavior

pauls

Arachnopeon
My rosie acts very strange after I handle her. I usually guide her over the top of her cage and onto my hand whenever I hold her. Once I'm content and put her back in her cage, she scales the entire top perimeter of her cage. Sometimes she tried to get a footing on the top, but fails and will stumble and nearly fall. I've seen her do this at least four times now. She's never falled, but it makes me nervous seeing her try to crawl where she can't get a foothold. Anyone else see this kind of behavior in their rosie? It makes me think she has some sort of intelligence. Since she crawled over the top once, she thinks she can do it again without me guiding her

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah mine did this, i stopped it doing this by removing 4 of its legs (from the knee down to the toe)

;P Just kidding, dont hack at its legs :p

perhaps its a mature male looking for a female, the male we borrowed to breed with was just the same

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL!
Oh man, i felt rreealllyyy sorry for you until i scrolled down... ;P

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You may want to add more substrate to the cage to prevent a fatal fall.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler
yeah mine did this, i stopped it doing this by removing 4 of its legs (from the knee down to the toe)
I don't like your joke.

kellygirl

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if you dont like it dont waste precious bandwidth by replying to it then :/

its not as if id actually do that to my spider...

just stop holding it, all my spiders are fine, they are rarely handled. mainly the "ohh look friends! im holding a spider, arnt i great!" peopel hold them anyway. i much prefer not to have peopel knowing about mine and always askin to hold them

just my opinion

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler
just stop holding it, all my spiders are fine, they are rarely handled. mainly the "ohh look friends! im holding a spider, arnt i great!" peopel hold them anyway. i much prefer not to have peopel knowing about mine and always askin to hold them
Wow, I wish I had some friends that would ask to hold my tarantulas.... most people won't even look at them! I have several friends that won't come in my apartment because they are there. But I do tell people about my tarantulas and would never dream of hiding it from anyone but my landlady (when I moved in, I only had one). Why? One, because I love them and anyone who knows me knows that I keep exotics--it's part of who I am. Two, because it wouldn't be very nice to invite someone to my home only to have them ask "what's in that room?" and have them run screaming out when I tell them.

kellygirl