Odd B. Albopilosum behaviour

Manimal

Arachnopeon
I havn't been into this addiction for long now. I recently got a Curly Hair, from a garden centre here in the UK, that recently started dealing in exotics. The way they keep their T's is disgraceful. First off, most slings up to 2" are living in cricket tubs, which I've heard, T's can gnaw their way out of. The substrate is minimal, but the worst is their water. There is none. Not even a stinking sponge, but a dried up wad of toilet paper, dry! Feeling sorry for 'em, I decided to rescue the Curly hair in my possession now. I left it alone for a few weeks, to let it get acustomed to it's new home, and it's new found burrowing skills. So the other day I opened up the tank, and the Curly was outside of its burrow, so I got a pen, and 'tickled' its spinnerettes. Instead of slowy moving forward, it lay its body flat on the ground, and wouldn't move. When I moved the pen around to the front of it, it attacked it straight away.
Now my question after the lengthy intro: Why, in your opinions, is my Curly not showning the usual agro signs, ie lifting body from the floor (as opposed to laying it flat to the ground), and lifting its front legs as a warning (as opposed to attacking w/o warning)?
Cheers to those still awake :D

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've only had my curly for a short time but in my herding and moving it around to get it into its new home and feeding it I havn't seen it go into a defensive/threat display at all. Its very docile, more-so than even my Chilean rose. I think thats why some shops call curly's teddybear tarantulas.

Manimal

Arachnopeon
Yeah man, that's why I got myself a Curly :?
And I wish the thing threatened first, but it strikes straight away. :eek:

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I misunderstood. My curly does sudden strike from hiding(its burrow) for prey. You probably evoked a feeding response.