Occasional twitches days after molt

darlingi

Arachnosquire
One of my N. chromatus slings molted on friday and is now in the „red-fang-phase“ of hardening up. I randomly caught her grooming today and noticed that she was moving strangely. She erratically kicked her legs on one side away from her body. It looked like the normal rubbing legs against each other-type of grooming, but sped up x10.

I just observed her for a bit and managed to record this video.
She did that twice within one minute, and now I’m afraid there’s a connection to the movements from earlier today. She walks totally normal though. Could this still be normal post-molt behavior?
There was nothing within in the last few weeks that could’ve caused poisoning/chemical contamination, so I want to believe that it’s not DKS.

Attachments

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I see mine doing it sometimes.

When I caught mine doing it, it was not really twitching, but it was actually trying to get some unwanted dirts off from it’s toe.

darlingi

Arachnosquire
I see mine doing it sometimes.

When I caught mine doing it, it was not really twitching, but it was actually trying to get some unwanted dirts off from it’s toe.
Do you mean the kicking while grooming or what she is doing in my video? But either way you're probably right.
I thought what she is doing in the video could also simply be trying to find stable ground, like she wasn't happy where her feet were.
Anyway, from my understanding DKS (assuming the worst case) affects the entire ability to move? So the fact that she is able to walk normally should be a good sign.