Obts ARE agressive and fast

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
So, when someone more experiaced trys to teach a n00b the RIGHT way, they are elitists? Wow, that is a new one. No, wait, its not new... Its the reason most of the more experiaced have gone to lurking & less helping...

Now, the site is mostly n00bs helping n00bs, getting & offering incorrect information... :clap: *sarcasm*
Yea you're right, we wouldn't want a bunch of noobs running around saying 'agressive' instead of 'defensive', that would be bad *more sarcasm*
I Understand there is a difference, but I'm just saying that a new thread on that topic explaining the differences would be more appropriate. I'm not specifically refering to this thread, but many threads get majorly hijacked and off topic.
It would help the noobs alot more if they had the info here was easily located and contained to topics, instead of threads becoming arguments over unrelated issues.
Now if someone is screwing up so bad or is so misinformed on something that his information could negatively effect the care and health of people Ts, then I think it would be appropriate to jump in and switch topic. But the difference between agressive and defensive? Don't you think that couldve waited for its own thread?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like how none of the threads here ever stay on the OP's topic, but instead turn into people getting ridiculed for simple scemantics by the tarantula elitists *sarcasm*

We all know that tarantulas are only defending themselves when they bite us & everyone will know that by "agressive" people mean that it will bite you. If you want to discuss the implications of using one word over the other, start your own thread.
It would just be nice to see this forum be a little bit more about tarantulas, and a little bit less about egos. That is all.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is...your opinion.

My advice to you is to grow up a little bit and look at the big picture, instead of getting your panties wadded up because people are trying to correct the misinformation poopstorm that's been working its way through Arachnoboards lately. If you have a problem with it, hit the big red 'X' in the top left corner of your browser.

Redneck's response to you is (in my opinion) dead-on.

....sorry it was bothering me..:eek:
For not even being here a month, you have some serious gonads to do that. Especially considering you posted a thread about a huntsman in Tarantula Chat earlier today...

EDIT:

...but I'm just saying that a new thread on that topic explaining the differences would be more appropriate.
Learn how to search, and you'll find that several threads like this already exist.

It would help the noobs alot more if they had the info here was easily located and contained to topics, instead of threads becoming arguments over unrelated issues.
Learn how to read the stickies and you'll find that several threads like this already exist.

Now if someone is screwing up so bad or is so misinformed on something that his information could negatively effect the care and health of people Ts, then I think it would be appropriate to jump in and switch topic.
Again, learn how to search. You'll get your answer.

But the difference between agressive and defensive? Don't you think that couldve waited for its own thread?
See above...

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is...your opinion.

My advice to you is to grow up a little bit and look at the big picture, instead of getting your panties wadded up because people are trying to correct the misinformation poopstorm that's been working its way through Arachnoboards lately. If you have a problem with it, hit the big red 'X' in the top left corner of your browser.

Redneck's response to you is (in my opinion) dead-on.

For not even being here a month, you have some serious gonads to do that. Especially considering you posted a thread about a huntsman in Tarantula Chat earlier today...

Is feeding your ego all you do around here? I won't deny that you know your stuff, but your delivery could use some work. And yes, that is my opinion.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How does one feed their own ego? :?

See my above edit for some 'advice' on what you need some work on. Last I checked, you were the one starting to hurl the poo. If you can't take it, don't start.

Robert:

yeah coco definitely grows mold and fast which is why i don't use it.
Sorry, it was bothering me...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea you're right, we wouldn't want a bunch of noobs running around saying 'agressive' instead of 'defensive', that would be bad *more sarcasm*
Be as sarcastic as you want. In my opinion, no, we do not need people running around saying a T is one thing, when its another. Its wrong. This hobby does not need that. Its a hobby about venomous animals. Animals that people already fear. Yes, lets all start telling people that Ts are aggressive.

I Understand there is a difference, but I'm just saying that a new thread on that topic explaining the differences would be more appropriate. I'm not specifically refering to this thread, but many threads get majorly hijacked and off topic.
Let see, how many n00bs use the search function? Not many. However, there are threads here that contain the correct information. but, most of the n00bs now days choose to have others search for them, or give them the answers they need.

Now if someone is screwing up so bad or is so misinformed on something that his information could negatively effect the care and health of people Ts, then I think it would be appropriate to jump in and switch topic. But the difference between agressive and defensive? Don't you think that couldve waited for its own thread?
Let the small misinformation through, you might as well let the big misinformation through...

There is no difference, misinformation, is misinformation....

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
So if people can do a search to find hijack related info, then why the need to hijack?

Anyway, this thread is about OBTs, so I dont want to contribute any more non-OBT related info. Its been mildly entertaining debating this, but its not acclomplishing anything, so I'm done.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So if people can do a search to find hijack related info, then why the need to hijack?

Anyway, this thread is about OBTs, so I dont want to contribute any more non-OBT related info. Its been mildly entertaining debating this, but its not acclomplishing anything, so I'm done.
Ask a question, then bail from the thread? :wall:

I bet my paycheck if we had all said 'learn how to search' instead of clarifying the difference between aggressive and defensive, you'd still be pissy.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
No, no, you're right & I dont mind getting called names. After all, you're not being "agressive", just "defensive".

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like how none of the threads here ever stay on the OP's topic, but instead turn into people getting ridiculed for simple scemantics by the tarantula elitists *sarcasm*

We all know that tarantulas are only defending themselves when they bite us & everyone will know that by "agressive" people mean that it will bite you.
Semantics is the art of using the correct words to convey an idea. If using wrong words creates a false impression, especially one that could cause damage to our hobby, then by all means people who know better should correct the errors. If people get their panties in a twist because they are corrected, then it probably indicates they really needed the correction.

And unfortunately, not all beginners know that when you call something aggressive you are really trying to say defensive. That's why people who don't know any better keep repeating such mistakes.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What do egos and the much debated difference between aggressive and defensive have to do with obt stories.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No, no, you're right & I dont mind getting called names. After all, you're not being "agressive", just "defensive".
There was no name calling... :confused: Joe just said you would have been pissy if someone suggested useing the search function, or learn to use the search function. How is that calling you names?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow,me correcting one noob started all of this?Just listen to whats being said by the more experienced members. Sit back and listen,and do less replying.That is what is lacking these days. ...ANYHOW..OBT's are hilarious spiders with quite the charm.The 2 we have had could have benefited from a shot of Thorazine.Pulling molts out,and feeding was always a chore,since it was DEFENDING its homestead.Get them out of their enclosures,though,and they are not quite as nasty in our experience.Dinners burning. I'm out...

Last edited:

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Semantics is the art of using the correct words to convey an idea. If using wrong words creates a false impression, especially one that could cause damage to our hobby, then by all means people who know better should correct the errors. If people get their panties in a twist because they are corrected, then it probably indicates they really needed the correction.

And unfortunately, not all beginners know that when you call something aggressive you are really trying to say defensive. That's why people who don't know any better keep repeating such mistakes.
I agree that you should call tarantulas defensive but entire threads shouldnt be derailed just to put that point across. When I first called tarantulas aggressive in my second post all it took to get me to start saying defensive was for somone to say “usually on arachnoboards people say defensive.” easy as that. Can't we always do that?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's easy when you don't have people arguing with you about it...

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I agree that you should call tarantulas defensive but entire threads shouldnt be derailed just to put that point across. When I first called tarantulas aggressive in my second post all it took to get me to start saying defensive was for somone to say “usually on arachnoboards people say defensive.” easy as that. Can't we always do that?
Thats all I was trying to say, but unfortunetly I greatly contributed to the problem by hijacking an already hijacked thread.

Robertb

Arachnopeon
aahhhh a good old fashioned flame war, what forum is complete with out one.

:New member "A" (noob) says something without a thesaurus and encyclopedia in hand.

: Senior member "B" corrects member "A"( noob) while using the opportunity to exploit the noobs naivety while reinforcing their status quo as being the superior in the given subject.

You know I was honestly expecting something completely different from these boards.

Also correcting someone spelling error isn't my way of exploiting them I was honestly bringing attention to the spell check feature. Seeing as how im no gifted literary scholar by any means.