obtaining Scolopendra Gigantea

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
anyone heard of these guys in the pet trade? growing up in hawaii i learned a certain fear/respect relationship with the rather large centipedes over there.

but this thing is a beast, i must have one!

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2006/centipede-mouse-p1.php

anyone wanna go to the amazon and go pede hunting?
haha when i lived in hawaii for a couple years (well before i started keeping inverts) i was bit by a pede there..stepped on it bare foot at night. wasn't very fun!

i've seen one of these for sale last year..but it wasn't cheap!

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
you're looking at around $350, give or take $50 or so.... they are occasionally offered, just watch the FS forum and check in with the online dealers from time to time.

yuanti

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There is another forum where someone had one for $300 I believe it was a month or so ago.

Tony92

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You'll be very lucky indeed to find any for sale, I sold my adult female last month & they fetch a very good price over here in the UK, in current £ to $ conversion, mine went for $585, so get down the bank for a loan !!!

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tony,

you sold it for £300! :eek:

Blimey, that's good business, although i can't but help feel that they overpaid a bit! Still, if your buyer was willing to pay that much....

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just get a s. subspinpes...they can break the 10" barrier, as well. Cheaper, too.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my subspinipes just ate a mouse yesterday, took it down all alone... fun. :evil: .. subspinipes dehaani's are nice too.