OBT Still Not Eating...

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
Hello Arachnopeoples,
I posted about the same thing a while ago,and I thought the problem was solved. My OBT continues to kill crickets, and then not eat them...or at least not all of the way. He grabs them and takes them in his burrow, then he holds on to the them for a while. Every time I feed him, I wake up the next morning to find a deflated and mangled cricket somewhere outside of his burrow. It is like in Predator when all of the bodies are hanging:eek:. Anyway, I try to keep disturbances to a minimum, as I don't want him getting scared and dropping his food. BTW, he is not confirmed as a he, and is about 1.25-1.5 in. So is he just eating the crickets' inards and leaving the rest, because he doesn't leave a bolus, just a pile of blah:wall:?
Thanks in advance,
Dan

Puppet Master

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a Spider that would do the same thing when it got close to premolt. Since it is killing its own pray I wouldnt worry to much, Do you have a fresh water source in the tank? And you spider might just like the soft gooey centers, Like me when it comes to Cadbury Creme Eggs.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
I drip water on his web every other day or so, he usually comes out and drinks it. If I gave him a bowl, he would just fill it with dirt. I'm not worried, just confused...:cool:
Thanks,
Dan

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
just one of them things :?

Ive had T's that do this too, I think its neat. I just assumed they were super protective of their homes and killed the crix just to stop em from crawling around in thier space. Homocidal T's are badass.