OBT Slings!!!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
My Slings arrived yesterday, as promised! I ordered two, and got four healthy live babies. A trip to the store for baby food jars later... and all four are settled in. This morning they had webbed up their homes. Three of the four have eaten their crickets, the fourth is being pouty.

Yes, I am extremely excited about these slings. I've only ever had one T at a time in respect to my late husbands wishes, but now I can set up a display area for my pretties! Hoping to add a P. regalis, a P. nigricolor, perhaps H. lividum or a C. fasciatum to the collection. Yes, I like colorful! Why not, I can't have an entire room full, so might as well keep what I think looks fun.

All four in their new homes.

Tangerine Dream, the first one to eat, webbing up lunch.

I love the boards - everyone has been great sharing their knowledge!

Marga (T owner for over 30 years...)

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like your choice of names. And somehow, the music probably matches the spider.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I like your choice of names. And somehow, the music probably matches the spider.
Thank you!

Dreams so far is my favorite of the slings. Was easiest to move, started burrowing right away, ate first, and has stayed out in the open for photos.

All of my animals (4 or 8-legged) get interesting names!!!

Marga

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Another congrats on the OBTs :D Their crazy webbing is my favorite part about this species.

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi ! Nice OBT slings :)
Mine is called Achilles.

What are the other one's names ? African Flame, Tangerine Dream ... and ?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Hi ! Nice OBT slings :)
Mine is called Achilles.

What are the other one's names ? African Flame, Tangerine Dream ... and ?
African Flame, Atomic Phoenix, Tangerine Dream, and Holy Hell. The latter giving us one helluva chase to get it from the shipping vial (and across the second container I had the vials in... and down the big tank and under the lid of Georgie's big tank and up the container again....) into his new home.

My two MM hentzis are George (so I can can pet him and love him and call him George) and 'Arry. ('Arry came with the name Harry...)

Achilles is a great name!

Marga

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
All 24 of my T's have names ... and I love cool and unusual ones, so yours are awesome !! :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the slings.. I almost miss having small OBT slings.. They are so cute at that size... Now.. They still look great.. But are so sensitive! I swear... My female came out of her webbing hollering at me for watering her.. {D

captmarga

Arachnobaron
They came out of the shipping container giving threat displays - but not since. No one has even waved a foreleg at being picked up and looked at, fed or watered. For now... They are all fat and happy today, all four having eaten and done some more webbing.

Marga