OBT slings in pre dug holes!

WarGodsXIII

Arachnopeon
Hey!! Good day!!
I'm getting an OBT tomorrow guys! (yehey for me :D)
Question : Do Obt's, especially slings, go for pre dug holes?
Please enlighten me guys huhuhuhu newbie here

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
they probably will. my OBT never burrowed just stayed under her hide and web labyrinth.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
None of my obts went for my starter burrows. None of them burrowed in general. They just webbed the place up.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey!! Good day!!

You'd have better luck winning in Vegas with a 7 deck stack, than predicting if a T will use a premade burrow.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
As long as you have done the proper research and you have the tank correctly set up, long tongs, and a catch up you be as ready as you ever will be.

And you look like an adult if that's you in the photo so since you're getting a sling I'd say stay with your choice and just do continued research as it grows.

This species grows fast and its speed is also up there so ask as many questions as you want especially about rehousing as it grows and you should be fine.

Many people are going to bite off your head because you chose what they'd call an " intermediate" species and shouldn't have been your first pick.

But if you check out the bite reports (which you should for every T you get) you'll see that everyone gets bite by every species of T. Only difference is some Ts have a more painful bite (yours is on the higher side) than other Ts. So just be aware and respect the Tarantula so you, family, or pets won't get bitten due to careless mistakes!

Welcome to the hobby and enjoy your OBT!!

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Hey!! Good day!!

I dont have any obts had to sell mine yrs back getting more soon, but none of the Ts I currently have use any pre made burrows they tend to be very snobby and make their own.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You've read bite reports for OBT's?
I think he's aware of that. He's a Philippine Theraphosidae enthusiasts. I have noticed, years ago, that in that nation there's a lot of people in the hobby, and I was surprised by that in a good way. Japan, for instance, as far as I know have less people inside the hobby.

Moved by curiosity, I've started to investigate, checked some of their forums, and I've noticed that they are, in general, more used/into OW's and quite badass venom scorpion, rather than in NW T's.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Every single Pterinochilus I have owned, with the exeption of my P. murinus, have made use of my starter burrows.

They are very ungrateful :shifty:

WarGodsXIII

Arachnopeon
None of my obts went for my starter burrows. None of them burrowed in general. They just webbed the place up.
shining! I got 3 Obt's and only one used the hole hahahah the rest did the same as what your obt did. I got them as a communal, but I housed them individually because

1. Im a novice, and I want to experience feeding a T individually before feeding a communal T.
2. Im aware of how fast they are hahahahha I cant afford 3 OBT's escaping in a blink of an eye.
3. It's hard, especially Im a novice, what if all of them escape and bit me? THE 3 OF THEM BIT ME, could you imagine? hahahhaha Im fully aware how awful their bite can be.

WarGodsXIII

Arachnopeon
As long as you have done the proper research and you have the tank correctly set up, long tongs, and a catch up you be as ready as you ever will be.

And you look like an adult if that's you in the photo so since you're getting a sling I'd say stay with your choice and just do continued research as it grows.

This species grows fast and its speed is also up there so ask as many questions as you want especially about rehousing as it grows and you should be fine.

Many people are going to bite off your head because you chose what they'd call an " intermediate" species and shouldn't have been your first pick.

But if you check out the bite reports (which you should for every T you get) you'll see that everyone gets bite by every species of T. Only difference is some Ts have a more painful bite (yours is on the higher side) than other Ts. So just be aware and respect the Tarantula so you, family, or pets won't get bitten due to careless mistakes!

Welcome to the hobby and enjoy your OBT!!
Well Im an adult now hahaha celebrated my birthday last sep 19, just turned 21.
Thanks man! I really did research about OBT'S before I got them, I was just curious about the pre dug holes :3.
When I rehoused them yesterday, man they are fast! boom! and they're out, Good thing I prepared the precautions hahahah, well Im being careful. I rehoused them successfully and even fed them lats :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
3. It's hard, especially Im a novice, what if all of them escape and bit me? THE 3 OF THEM BIT ME, could you imagine? hahahhaha Im fully aware how awful their bite can be.
Ah ah, that's a nightmare scenario I always loved to think about... we are aware that, a bite from a P.murinus or a 'Pokie' aren't "deadly" at all, but what if a sort of Mr. Bean keeper end bitten 10+ times within an hour from those, lol? I suppose someone could die from the pain/shock :)