Obt Sling

Moia1234

Arachnopeon
So i just got an obt sling and all i have to feed her is cricket legs , my question is , i got her 2 days ago and im leaving for one week and i want to leave two cricket legs in her enclosure for her to eat , since im not sure she will eat is there any problem if the cricket legs stay in her enclosure for the entire week ?

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
They almost certainly will mold.
The possibility of attracting mites exists but is not very likely to happen in a new enclosure in one week.

Magicis3

Arachnosquire
I went to my Cousin house for 1week 4 days. 2 days before i left i gave my slings 1 cricket drumstick/leg. And gave my juvies and Adults 1 full cricket and a full water dish. When i came back my slings were doing fine same with the juvies and adults

ThatGuy83

Arachnopeon
There are many environmental variables that can accelerate or slow the time for bad actors to arrive. I seen most recommend not leaving feeders or feeder parts in an enclosure for more than 24 hours.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just an FYI, even as tiny slings they can go weeks without food, so no need to stress.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Keep the meals fresh. I never had much luck with cricket drumsticks. I had more luck with juicy heads or mealworm sections.