OBT sling.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok quicky question.

there are two baby obts in my local, for £3 each.
there about 1cm each.

i really want an obt, and there already webbing loads :)
its just i dont really like having baby spider because i have to feed them tiny crickets and its akward.

but i know obts grow fast.
i just wandered how fast?
like how long untill they become a decent size, like big enough to eat a medium locust or brown adult crickets?
someone said 2 years for them to be fully grown.

i dunno opinions?

:)

Roy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

Mine grew from about 2 cm in leg span to 4 inches now in a matter of 6 months. I fed it once a week, with pre-killed medium crickets. Needless to say now it consumes 2 large crickets per meal, without a need for me to kill them for it anymore.

Hope this helps.

Hanes

Arachnosquire
I've had my sling since 2nd instar (about 1cm) and I've had it for a month and a half, it's molted twice and is now over an inch. I've been feeding twice a week on pre-killed crickets at room temp, so yeah they're quite fast growers

kc7wdg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They grow fairly fast at-least my bunch did (6 of them). Once they were 4i or was it 3i they would easily take down prey twice their size. They are little devils who love to eat.

Alboy84

Arachnopeon
OBT's are great spiders. I have an adult already and just got myself a juvi (about 2 inches). Really great webbers and very hardy...I feed mine on maggots atm - as I have them in for my other sligs anyway.