OBT molting problem and acting weird.. EMERGENCY.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi
im pretty sure my obt is in the process of molting, shes dull brown and acting lathargic...
she stopped eating and then started moving around her tank alot more then usual.
now though her abdomen is slanted and shes acting and walking like she cant.. or cant hold her own weight.
a minute ago she was in a position where her abdomen and carpace were totally twisted around, i thought it might have been her shed skin but it wasnt, so i was worried and tried to move her.. she moved so shes still alive.. im just worried...
and her legs keep going in tangled positions or somthing.. like they are bending under her.. so im worried she might be death curling

im just confused.. any ideas?

thanks

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well shes moved now and hid.. so not really...

if she gets in a weird position again ill try..
does it sound bad though or is she just getting ready to molt?

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just make sure it has access to water. Could just need a drink too. It doesn't sound like any type of molting, but without any pictures it is really hard to say. If the legs are curling under, that is not a good sign. They usually hide pretty well when they molt. At least mine always do. When is the last time it you fed it? How big is it? Does it have access to water? How long have you had this one? Sorry for all the questions but until we maybe have some answers, then it hard to tell just what is going on with it.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ive had her 2 years now, shes an adult, yes she has water, i tried to feed her a few days ago but she didnt eat it.. normally she gobbles it up so i presumed she was molting...

shes gone a really dull brown color when she is normally rustic orange, and now she has hidden again.. thanks for help.. ill keep popel informed.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well it seems like you know your T well. That is good. Sorry I was not really any help. They usually will web up when molting. Of course you know this. It is really hard to tell what is going on with her. Hopefully this is nothing, but like I said it is really hard to tell. I wish you luck with her as you have taken good care of her. Hope all turns out well. Please keep us posted and perhaps some one will read this and maybe be able to give some insite into the matter.

Xochie

Arachnopeon
My 'T' did that a couple of days ago... lethargic, legs tuck didn't move only when nudged....and that was after her molt. Dunno what was with her (my husband and I think she might have fallen from the top of her cage).
I cleaned out her cage (just incase there was something in there) and put a few crickets in there. Problem is, she still won't eat (any ideas on that one?)

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
bloodred1889 about the best thing I can advise for you is to just let the spider be. Hopefully it's just an oncoming molt. If it's not there won't be a whole you can do otherwise but sit and wait.

Xochie your spider is just trying to recover from molting and needs to let it's exoskeleton harden. Don't try to feed,poke or prod it for at least a week or two. Let it be. Just make sure it has access to fresh water.

Xochie

Arachnopeon
Pyst - It has been at least a few days past two weeks since my Cyclos. fasciatum last molted. she is approx 9-10 yrs old. and a good 4-5". This was just a differend kind of post molt ever (my husband I think she might have falled from the inside top of her tank (I'm a fraidy-cat, buy I love my spidy)... Her abdomen looks like is't smaller than norm...things that make you go hmmm!! (btw, this is my first 'T' and I still feel like a noob :wall: )