Obt might have broken a record..

RoseT

Arachnosquire
This not so very lil thing anymore just molted for the third time since December 17. I do feed it a small cricket twice a week which I don't think would fall into the category of powerfeeding, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, I'm really impressed, aside from my chaco golden knee this has been my fastest growing sp. My P Irminia which I thought would be the fastest has nothing on my Mirinus. Go Pumpkin! :)

Last edited:

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Yeah pretty crazy huh. Thanks. Went from a .5 when I first got late late November to 1.5 with this last molt. Also noticed its pretty active for a freshly molted T. This SP is def a must have in anyone's collection. Hardy as ever!

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
I'll get up the nerve one day to have one. I do have an H lividum right now. I wonder how much harder the obt would be to deal with. hmmm :?

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Maybe you have a male? I had three P. murinus (TCF) slings from the same sac and one of them molted a lot more frequently than the other two (turned out to be a male). They were all fed the same amounts and kept at the same temps.

Males mature faster than females, possibly to prevent inbreeding among siblings. It's something to consider anyway.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I feed my little OBTs once a week. Still, I have one that is almost a third larger than her/his sacmates (Tangerine Dream). From teeny tiny 2i to now over an inch and a half, there is a noticeable difference.

Marga