OBT Husbandry

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I agree with @Chris LXXIX

They are not the evil that everyone makes them out to be. Sometimes they even nice enough greet you at the door.
View attachment 238290
They love to contemplate since those are the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) Prophets :bookworm:

That's not hissing, prepare for bite etc but 'contemplation' :)

I love that @Thistles has a pure "La Commune" Paris of once Prophets :angelic:

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
They are easy when little. They hide and let you poke around their enclosures readily. They get a bit bigger (happens so fast), and their demeanor changes. Mine became much more "aggressive" as he's grown. I know how to take care of my spiders and am always careful, but needed a lot of time under my belt to feel comfy with him. Rehouse to a forever enclosure when really little. They won't mind the extra space, and you won't have to worry about re housing a grumpy adult. They are great looking and make outstanding web tunnels, but aren't great for beginners.

Leila

Arachnobaron
There's a nice quote from some guy's OBT bite report on youtube: "Huge, huge amount of pain. I've never experienced pain like this in my life, and I've been stabbed before. This brought me to my knees for about 30 minutes."

Luckily this one is one of the easiest tarantulas to keep alive. But seriously man, don't get bitten. That's all I have to say.
I found the video you referenced above. Yeah, screw getting bitten by one of those Ts.

What got me is how the next 3 suggested videos after his bite report were of people Handling their frickin OBTs!?!?!? :anxious: :banghead::banghead::banghead: I mean...I am just kinda speechless...

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I found the video you referenced above. Yeah, screw getting bitten by one of those Ts.

What got me is how the next 3 suggested videos after his bite report were of people Handling their frickin OBTs!?!?!? :anxious: :banghead::banghead::banghead: I mean...I am just kinda speechless...
Yep, and one of those was the guy who got bitten haha :)