OBT going bald?

zhris

Arachnopeon
For some reason I can't log in with my old username, so I had to create a new one. Anyway...

I have an OBT who is losing all the bristles on her rear legs. I'll try to get a picture later. I've heard of the abdomen going bald from pre-molt, stress, etc, but never the legs. She seems otherwise active and healthy, eats normally, etc... is this something I should be concerned about? Thanks!

Hanes

Arachnosquire
Are you sure it's a 'she' it could be a touch of male pattern baldness:}

zhris

Arachnopeon
Are you sure it's a 'she' it could be a touch of male pattern baldness:}
Fairly confident, but not 100%... I don't see any really visible tibial hooks, but she doesn't often stand still long enough for me to get a decent look (and when she does slow down, she's in her hide).

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No need to worry unless its a MM, Pterinochilus murinus are an old world species so they dont tend to lose hairs on there abdomen in pre-moult or due to stress as New world tarantulas would, most likely due to moult IMO, a couple of the tell tail signs of an impending moult are the loss of overall vibrant colour and then darkening balding legs......

:razz:

Hanes

Arachnosquire
Fairly confident, but not 100%... I don't see any really visible tibial hooks, but she doesn't often stand still long enough for me to get a decent look (and when she does slow down, she's in her hide).
try and get her into a transparent deli cup to make sure