OBT escape artist

Querx

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share this experience with you. My OBT (a one inch spiderling at the moment named Throne) has been renamed the OBST, standing for Orange Bitey Speedy Thing. During a feeding, a cricket lightly stroked up against it's back leg and just like that, it was out. It readily found my bed and was underneath before I could stop it.

This is the second time it has managed to do this (the first being the initial transfer when I first got it) and he has now been caught...again.

Just an interesting experience as this is the fastest T that I own and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience recently?

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Never had that problem thankfully... but then I slam my crickets in a shut the lid...

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
1st day rehousing, my subadult female took off. I got her at the end but even my pokies do that to me. So now as stated above, I put the roach in and slam it shut.

Querx

Arachnopeon
lol, yeah, that's just about right on the speed of these things. That OBT is bigger though.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have 4 OBT's 1 just molted to 3 inches, and the other 3 are almost there....i am almost ready to move them from the deli cups they are in into something bigger..but i have never had any escapes yet....1 of them acts like my king baboon...and the other 3 all just hide inside their web burrows...i even take the lids completely off, toss in a adult latteralis and then poke the lat to the T...and i see that as very stupid because one day complacency will catch up...but till then ill enjoy my no escapee streak....

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Mine has given me trouble :p they certainly can be trouble and speed doesn't help matter's

Querx

Arachnopeon
Mine is usually quite consistant in temperment when safe in the hide-really mellow. However, if it's out in the open, even for a second, it completely flips out and runs anywhere it can go. It was out and about when it came into contact with the cricket so must have been making a dash for it's hide.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I hope the one in that video repeatedly bites the stupid owner. Such a big spider in such a small enclosure. :(

Querx

Arachnopeon
Yeah, big spider in small enclosure. A T as fast as the OBT was of course gonna be out of there easily.

phily1579

Arachnopeon
OBT is the badest n fastest T in the hobby. Just my opionion.:):worship:

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

OBT is the badest n fastest T in the hobby. Just my opionion.:):worship: