OBT color variant

Grindscream666

Arachnopeon
Hey all.
I have an OBT juvie I got around 2 weeks ago, and they have been a very relaxed, “docile” babe since bringing them home.
No threat poses, running laps 100 mph, slapping the ground, etc.
However, I’m not fooled and am cautiously awaiting for the moment they turn into a psychopath😂
Anyways, I was wondering what possible color variant they may be? Their locale was not specified but I know they don’t have typical OBT coloring.
I was leaning towards the DCF, BCF or possibly BCF?
These are the only clear pictures I have since they hide a lot( of course they have taken up residence inside the baby doll heads)

Attachments

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Hey all.
I have an OBT juvie I got around 2 weeks ago, and they have been a very relaxed, “docile” babe since bringing them home.
However, I’m not fooled and am cautiously awaiting for the moment they turn into a psychopath😂
Anyways, I was wondering what possible color variant they may be? Their locale was not specified but I know they don’t have typical OBT coloring.
These are the only clear pictures I have since they hide a lot( of course they have taken up residence inside the baby doll heads)
It looks sorta similar to the dcf/ Botswana or whatever it is. Been a long minute since I've had or kept up with the baboon's.

Grindscream666

Arachnopeon
It looks sorta similar to the dcf/ Botswana or whatever it is. Been a long minute since I've had or kept up with the baboon's.
Yeah I was thinking most likely dcf, there’s just so many subtle small differences in the localities it’s hard to tell until they’re a little older/ and or freshly molted.

Grindscream666

Arachnopeon
banding on the legs....the carapace. Here is my zimbabwe/botswana for comparison
I’ve seen that picture before while googling, he/she is a beauty.
Here are two more pictures, the blue/green under sheen on the legs is present.

Attachments

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
Hey all.
Ummm, where’s the OBT? I don’t see it. It’s called OBT for a reason and I don’t see that reason here. 😂

Why, due to coloring?
Yes, from what I know they usually have the coloration more on a red side when it comes to the different colorations not so much dark like this. Could be premolt? Either that or this one is rare.
Nevermind I saw someone posted the differences on here does look dcf. Interesting I didn’t think they had that color variant.

Grindscream666

Arachnopeon
Ummm, where’s the OBT? I don’t see it. It’s called OBT for a reason and I don’t see that reason here. 😂

Yes, from what I know they usually have the coloration more on a red side when it comes to the different colorations not so much dark like this. Could be premolt? Either that or this one is rare.
Nevermind I saw someone posted the differences on here does look dcf. Interesting I didn’t think they had that color variant.
Yeah I’ve been having a hard time getting any real kind of feedback after asking around on multiple forums and groups.
I do believe DCF but I think due to it’s uncommonness not much is known as your TCF.

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
Yeah I’ve been having a hard time getting any real kind of feedback after asking around on multiple forums and groups.
I do believe DCF but I think due to it’s uncommonness not much is known as your TCF.
Yeah honestly I didn’t know about it that’s why I was like that’s no OBT although the back markings are OBT markings. Then I bumped into a post on google of arachnoboards where someone that’s very knowledgeable posted on them. I was trying to log in but I forgot my user and wasn’t able to clip it to add in this thread. I was like dang just what that dude is looking for. I’ll see if I can find it again.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
If you didn't find out from the vendor at the time of purchase, you'll never know for sure.

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I bought this from my local exotics store, not a vendor.
I’m sure it’s deep within their paperwork.
Then why not just call them and ask them? Anything posted here is nothing more than a guess. Should you ever decide to breed this specimen you will need a 100% confirmed identification less you muddle the gene pool by breeding two different locales/color forms together.

Grindscream666

Arachnopeon
Then why not just call them and ask them? Anything posted here is nothing more than a guess. Should you ever decide to breed this specimen you will need a 100% confirmed identification less you muddle the gene pool by breeding two different locales/color forms together.
Because it’s not relevant enough to know since I’m not breeding, but relevant enough to know so when people question why it doesn’t look like an OBT I can explain it’s locale and color form and that it is an OBT.

Like my answer?

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Because it’s not relevant enough to know since I’m not breeding, but relevant enough to know so when people question why it doesn’t look like an OBT I can explain it’s locale and color form and that it is an OBT.

Like my answer?
That's a fine answer. Since many locales look very similar any answer given here would be an educated guess at best.
I actually had a similar experience. I ordered 2 OBT slings from 2 different vendors. While both were slings one was slightly more orange than the other. I didn't think about it much at the time I received them.
About a year later and 2 inches of growth, one was still brown. I sent the vendor a quick email and I got a prompt response. A mistake had been made. The only color variant they had at the time of my order was P. murinus Kigoma. So whoever packed my order packed a P. murinus Kigoma instead of a standard orange one. Mystery solved. They offered some customer satisfaction, either replacing it or refunding my money. Since the Kigoma locale was actually more expensive, than and orange OBT I was already ahead. No big deal.

Grindscream666

Arachnopeon
Thanks a bunch, I’ve also looked over that same thread but just like you needed to find it.
☺

That's a fine answer. Since many locales look very similar any answer given here would be an educated guess at best.
I actually had a similar experience. I ordered 2 OBT slings from 2 different vendors. While both were slings one was slightly more orange than the other. I didn't think about it much at the time I received them.
About a year later and 2 inches of growth, one was still brown. I sent the vendor a quick email and I got a prompt response. A mistake had been made. The only color variant they had at the time of my order was P. murinus Kigoma. So whoever packed my order packed a P. murinus Kigoma instead of a standard orange one. Mystery solved. They offered some customer satisfaction, either replacing it or refunding my money. Since the Kigoma locale was actually more expensive, than and orange OBT I was already ahead. No big deal.
Yeah, I was thinking maybe someone who’s had a dcf juvie previously or currently does would be able to look at the coloring and educated guess, confirm at least what they think and maybe it’s possible locale.

I had originally planned to get your basic orange OBT but this is what I got instead, but it’s actually almost better due to its uncommonness.