OBT care?

Conor10

Arachnoknight
Hello, I just bought a obt sling, it was for 20 dollars so I couldn’t resist, I have kept numerous old worlds and new worlds. I’m thinking just regular terrestrial setup? Any tips for this species?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
What I do is:

Provide it an usual terrestrial set up with just a bit less substrate than others, for it webs a lot.

Below is the recently rehoused Pterinochilus murinus enclosure.

79BFE3FF-30F0-4C44-9C1B-6C5B33F9E0E0.jpeg

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Hello, I just bought a obt sling, it was for 20 dollars so I couldn’t resist, I have kept numerous old worlds and new worlds. I’m thinking just regular terrestrial setup? Any tips for this species?
You can keep on slight damp sub as a sling. As matures keep on bone dry. Give it a good hide to burrow under. Also provide it with a little extra height and space in its enclosure. They will web a lot. Gives you room to work with it. They are pretty bulletproof. If you manage to kill it, you’ll need to reconsider keeping T’s 🤣

Conor10

Arachnoknight
Ok thank you I gave it some moss and some substrate, along with a little bit of a twig for webbing thanks a lot!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Normal setup- do what you normally do for your OWs if they were African.

Moss— have you checked to see if they encounter moss in the wild. Can’t imagine moss surviving for this species :lol:

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Normal setup- do what you normally do for your OWs if they were African.

Moss— have you checked to see if they encounter moss in the wild. Can’t imagine moss surviving for this species :lol:
Low light, small hair moss should do fine if the soil moisture is good. If you are spending money on moss though I. would. not. bother.