OBT bites

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I've watched a fair few of his vids. The bite/sting ones aren't really the main attraction. He also does a follow up video for each of those showing the after effects and treatment for each bite/sting. And then a whole bunch of them are just showcasing really cool animals in the wild, which are the ones I like.

He's sometimes a bit irritating, and often wrong on details, but I think he's doing good work in general. He's like a puppy; just so darn happy and enthusiastic about everything you just can't hate it, even when it pees on the rug. You don't hate puppies do you? DO YOU?! :troll:
I love puppies. I hate male dogs high on testosterone riding my leg though... Which, for me is the same as watching that guy :D
I get everybody's point. I do. But that doesn't mean i like him any better or think more of his way of presenting the animals like he does ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I love puppies. I hate male dogs high on testosterone riding my leg though... Which, for me is the same as watching that guy :D
I get everybody's point. I do. But that doesn't mean i like him any better or think more of his way of presenting the animals like he does ;)
Muahahah our French Bouledogue loved to ride my brother's leg in the '90 :rofl:

Mjb30

Arachnosquire
I totally understand that. Excess enthusiasm either repels or attracts people I have found from experience!

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I like coyotes videos. It might seem stupid but the guy makes over a million a year doing that. For that much money i would drop obt's down my pants......maybe.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Not that I would want to, but I'd take an OBT bite before an S dehaani. That's the next level.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Not that I would want to, but I'd take an OBT bite before an S dehaani. That's the next level.
YeAh... I had to google what you were talking about. I would have to charge more before i dropped any giant pede down my pants. I guess i could brag cus i pede my pants......... Haha

BeardedShrek

Arachnopeon
One of my friends owns an OBT, would like to know how painful the bite of an OBT is, what symptoms, etc. I heard they are vicious and they typically administer venom during a bite, is that true? Not thinking of getting one, just would like to know.
***I DO NOT ENDORSE THE HANDLING OF OLD WORLD SPECIES. I DO SO AT MY OWN RISK***
Always remember not every specimen acts the same way. I had a friend with a G. Rosea that had a very nasty temper. My obt seems to think it is an Arizona brown or something. I just had to remove stuck shed from the bottom of her carapace with my bare hands and she was patient and calm while I did so.

Attachments

quirinus

Arachnoknight
***I DO NOT ENDORSE THE HANDLING OF OLD WORLD SPECIES. I DO SO AT MY OWN RISK***
Always remember not every specimen acts the same way. I had a friend with a G. Rosea that had a very nasty temper. My obt seems to think it is an Arizona brown or something. I just had to remove stuck shed from the bottom of her carapace with my bare hands and she was patient and calm while I did so.
my OBT never gave me a threat pose or anything, too. if disturbed, she hides. so yes there are calm specimens too.
but i would never handle it. it can be incredibly fast, one bad second and the spider is gone, killed or injured.. imagine the door bell rings, you turn your head, turn it back to the spider and it is gone. nightmare :)

omni

Arachnobaron
hehe ^ keeping all this in mind, I got a murinus 1" after years of not having one. I was unpacking a few really calm T's yesterday, and got scared when this little terror came out of the vial and went 0-60mph in .2 seconds. In my book, OBT stands for Orange Bitey Thing!