OBT became very skittish

winwin

Arachnoknight
I just transferred my obt to another container, it's around 2"+ now and was very calm even when i poke it, last night i transferred it and it was so skittish, the slightest movement would make it run around, it even ran out when i opened the container. Is it just because it's still settling in?

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
I just transferred my obt to another container, it's around 2"+ now and was very calm even when i poke it, last night i transferred it and it was so skittish, the slightest movement would make it run around, it even ran out when i opened the container. Is it just because it's still settling in?
uhh well no;P my obt is a crack head until i made its hide with bark and some sticks i used to open its cage or tap its cage it would run around all retarded and throw up threat displays and honestly that why i have it in a ten gallon so i have plenty of room for it to run around without a higher chance of it running out on me or on the floor and hurting its self. iam not saying do this but just make sure this is on of those Ts that are not forced to stay out in the open because they are quick.

winwin

Arachnoknight
uhh well no;P my obt is a crack head until i made its hide with bark and some sticks i used to open its cage or tap its cage it would run around all retarded and throw up threat displays and honestly that why i have it in a ten gallon so i have plenty of room for it to run around without a higher chance of it running out on me or on the floor and hurting its self. iam not saying do this but just make sure this is on of those Ts that are not forced to stay out in the open because they are quick.
Well mine was different. I had it in a glass crumpy container around 3.5" in diameter maybe 5" height with substrate only, it made a lot of web but now i have it in a round deli cup, it became nervous, i hope it just needs to settle in. Before, even when i poke it, it won't threat pose or run.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
Well mine was different. I had it in a glass crumpy container around 3.5" in diameter maybe 5" height with substrate only, it made a lot of web but now i have it in a round deli cup, it became nervous, i hope it just needs to settle in. Before, even when i poke it, it won't threat pose or run.
hmm well there some of them that have indvidual pesonalities wich is why sometimes when people say all b.vagans for example are great and docile. i doubt thats true i dont have one but iam sure there someone on here thats had a defensive one. and the same with h.lividum ive seen ones that act like junk yard dogs but sometimes i see pictures of people letting them crawl on there face:drool: so its honestly kinda T to T and sometimes Day to day

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll trade ya :D My pair were described as typical crazy OBTs from their sellers.

I've yet to see a threat pose :rolleyes:

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Mine was very skittish after I rehoused it until it settled in. Now it almost seems calm... I think it's planning something

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Ts need to feel safe. Let your OBT web up a burrow & settle in, get familiar with its new surroundings and make the new enclosure its home.
The fact yours needed rehousing just shows he's growing up -- and they do grow up fast. Yours may have been chill as a sling but that can easily change with age.
Defensiveness or skittishness can be normal OBT behaviour anyway; but especially one just re-housed and learning its new surroundings.
Don't poke your OBT!