Obligate burrow example

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Our A. seemani has a very elaborate burrow consisting of three entrances and/or exits. She makes very good use of her deep substrate. We used sterilized topsoil in a ten gallon tank. The substrate is 6 1/2" at its greatest depth. She is a great example of why burrowers need the oppurtunity to behave naturally.

Attachments

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Very cool picture! My seemani has a smaller tank, in which she has dug a U-shaped burrow with two entrances. I guess the building code for this species must require at least two exits ;)

Joy

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine has done something very similar... except its never the same for 2 weeks in a row. Its almost like she wants the entrances to be random.

Its always a treat to wake up and see what she has done the night before.

The male has a large network of tunnels in his cage... he has entrances in all 4 corners of the enclosure that meet up in the middle right along the bottom of his cage. Its neat to see... wish I had a better cam to show pics with (not that any of my family members will see this post and take the hint that I want a digi cam for Xmas lol)

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I only have retarded spiders that make tunnels at wierd angles so the dirt will fall on them.

-V

najig21

Arachnopeon
That's a pretty elaborate burrow. I wish my seemanni would do something like that. She just dug a deep hole under a rock cave and only has one entrance.

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The tunnel underneath is very elaborate. Luckily all of it is up against the glass so we can see her no matter where she is.

-Jill

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
WOW!!

AWOSME PIC! very well photographed! that is an awsome burrow! A.seemani's are awsome T's! Hopw big is yours? it must be really cool to watch it in its burrow!

James