o.b.t male not interested in female??

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
so yesterday i put my mm p.murinus in with the female after feeding them up. The male just sat in a corner all night, then eventually approached the females coconut hide, then walked over it without even looking in. Later i witnessed him doing the classic o.b.t abdomen 'quiver' but did not make any attempt to lure the female out. She has not emerged in the time he was introduced, she is sat in her coconut hide, just looking out and the male is currently sat right outside her hide, and has been for about 4 hours without further attempt. This is the first breeding i have ever attempted, and am preparing for the worst-case scenario to be honest :( any thoughts or input would be appreciated. Thanks!

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Separate and try again later? did you check the breeding report section there might be something in there on OBTs.

I don't really know anything about breeding but don't males start tapping away when they want to mate? Was your male doing this before you put him in with the female?

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
all went well in the end and they have now mated twice with positive insertions, (got some truly awesome pics!) the female followed him around in the end and her persistance paid off :) she was so calm and gentle with him and showed no aggression whatsoever. So fingers crossed she doesnt moult :wall:

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
pics cos it happened!!

only just got them on today as my mobile doesnt agree with uploading pics to this site:(enjoy!!!

Last edited: