Nyctixalus Pictus (cinnamon tree frog) please help

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
I'm new to frog keeping and I just got a cinnamon tree frog and so far it has been sitting in it's pond for the past 20 hours. Is this a sign that my frog is distressed or unhealthy? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope everyone is doing well.

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
Can you describe the enclosure in detail. Please include whether or not there is a day/night cycle, what the ambient temperatures are, what kind of lighting you are using, the length of time you have had the frog, how it was acquired, (CB or wild caught / shipped/ local purchase, what is it’s diet, etc. (a good picture of two would be helpful) they will normally spend a lot of time submerged (similar to theleoderma corticale)

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Can you describe the enclosure in detail. Please include whether or not there is a day/night cycle, what the ambient temperatures are, what kind of lighting you are using, the length of time you have had the frog, how it was acquired, (CB or wild caught / shipped/ local purchase, what is it’s diet, etc. (a good picture of two would be helpful) they will normally spend a lot of time submerged (similar to theleoderma corticale)
It's a 10 gallon tank with 3 inch thick shredded coconut substrate with a log with plenty of moss as well as 2 feeding dishes with varying water depths as well as a larger container with water and plants for humidifier I open the curtains to let in natural light (but I have a UVB light if that is better) I close the curtains at 9:00pm temperature is always slightly above room temp (22°C) I got the frog 2 days ago from a local breeder and I feed it crickets at night.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm new to frog keeping and I just got a cinnamon tree frog and so far it has been sitting in it's pond for the past 20 hours. Is this a sign that my frog is distressed or unhealthy? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope everyone is doing well.
I’ve not owned this species- so my info may not be relevant.

I’ve owned CB/Bred tropical tree frogs that did come down each evening to soak in their dish and eventually defacate when done! Always keep fresh water daily in my opinion.

Not all species did this IME that I’m aware of, I slept at night while they were awake!

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
You definitely need a larger water feature. This species is a semi aquatic tree hole breeder and as such they spend a substantial amount of time in the water. Saurian.net has a good write up on these guys and I recommend you read it. You’ll need more of a semi aquatic setup for this frog to do well.

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. I'm going to do some renovations and get plenty of water features in there for him to enjoy.