Votes: 14 51.9%
  • P.regalis 1/2"

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I am ready!
i am ready for a pokie! i have gigas, crawshayi, psalmopeous, usambara's, lots of old worlders, now a pokie is nexT! i think... need your help! WHICH ONE? i can only get one, they are going to be babies!
Thanks,

James

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm voting...

...whether you like it or not. You posted this poll, no sense in it going to waste. ;P Even though you made your decision, I still would've voted for a H. lividum. I've been fascinated by their coloration and what I've heard about their attitudes. They are definitely on my wish list once I have more experience with T's.

Bry

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
i am only 13;P
getting one today from bryan! then later on a pokie, not sure which one though!

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:(

I thought that you were going to play it safe and not get a Pokie -- for both your and your family's sake.

Jon

PS. You wouldn't mind putting me in your WILL for your spiders would you?

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
James I voted for the pokie, I love mine, and everyone that sees it always says wow.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
:(

I thought that you were going to play it safe and not get a Pokie -- for both your and your family's sake.

Jon

PS. You wouldn't mind putting me in your WILL for your spiders would you?
i will still think about it! i am getting a cobalt today tho 1/2"
sling, bryan doesnt have pokies, i am still deciding! If i do get one, i will gladly put you on my will for some of my spiders;P lol
Who knows i am looking to a no here, prolly more exp right? Thanks!

James

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm, while I would not get a pokie, it is said lividums are seldom seen. But then again, you seem to already possess some diggers.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey guys look at my list, on the bottom wouldnt you say i am exp enough? if not how long will i have to wait?

Thanks,

James

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
NEW DECISION!

I am getting:

1 Cobalt Blue 1/2" sling

let me know what else i should get~!

James

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Re: NEW DECISION!

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
I am getting:

1 Cobalt Blue 1/2" sling

let me know what else i should get~!

James
it has to be 30 or less, off bryan cronoss list!

Thanks,

James

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hey guys look at my list, on the bottom wouldnt you say i am exp enough? if not how long will i have to wait?
I'm going to vote 'no' as to you 'definitely being expert enough'. Almost everything you have is a sling/very small juvenile. You have *one* adult sized T, and it's the relatively docile A. seemanni. The biggest challenge in your collection is the juvenile P. cambridgei.

There is a world of difference between managing a bunch of slings and managing a 8", lightning fast, potentially dangerous, adult. I've had a number of adult Ts over the years, but all were new worlders and the most aggressive was a P. cancerides (no walk in the park to move :D). Still, after I got back into the hobby, it took me several months of thinking about it to get up the nerve to get a juvenile H. maculata (very similar to Poecilotheria for speed, defensiveness, and venom).

I cannot say that you wouldn't be able to handle such a beast, and I'm the first to admit that the "baptism by fire" is often a very effective teaching method. Still, you've already got the Psalmopoeus which are similar in temperament and are fast growers. My advice is to wait until those are adults and you've had to deal with a couple of cage changes and dealt close up with a large, defensive arboreal charging about on the loose. When that time comes and you're thinking that it was no big deal, then you will *know* you're ready to handle something like a P. regalis.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
wow

Originally posted by Code Monkey
I'm going to vote 'no' as to you 'definitely being expert enough'. Almost everything you have is a sling/very small juvenile. You have *one* adult sized T, and it's the relatively docile A. seemanni. The biggest challenge in your collection is the juvenile P. cambridgei.

There is a world of difference between managing a bunch of slings and managing a 8", lightning fast, potentially dangerous, adult. I've had a number of adult Ts over the years, but all were new worlders and the most aggressive was a P. cancerides (no walk in the park to move :D). Still, after I got back into the hobby, it took me several months of thinking about it to get up the nerve to get a juvenile H. maculata (very similar to Poecilotheria for speed, defensiveness, and venom).

I cannot say that you wouldn't be able to handle such a beast, and I'm the first to admit that the "baptism by fire" is often a very effective teaching method. Still, you've already got the Psalmopoeus which are similar in temperament and are fast growers. My advice is to wait until those are adults and you've had to deal with a couple of cage changes and dealt close up with a large, defensive arboreal charging about on the loose. When that time comes and you're thinking that it was no big deal, then you will *know* you're ready to handle something like a P. regalis.
Thanks, that really helped me! any thing you would reccomend? Thanks!

James

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well it is a little over the $30 mark I think you would like a Nhandu coloratovillosum 1.5--2" $45.00.

Here is another good chioce Brachypelma emilia .5" $30.00

Aboreal Rayne

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Get a Pokie

James,

You know what my vote goes for...Get the Pokie man, they're way different than your other spiders, some can have a bit of an attitude...but if you're raising it from a spiderling then you shouldn't have too much trouble. You have to be carfull about pets/others in your house-hold. I recomend educating all members in the house about it if you do indeed get it.

Peace,
~Aboreal Rayne~

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
James, don't you have brothers and sisters also? I would vote against the pokie for a while. You never know when they might get into the cage and get bit and be seriously ill. Pokie bites are not pleasant for grown adults, can you imagine a child. You are still young, there will be plenty of time for you to get the more venonmous ones. I myself think pokies are beautiful, but I tend to stay away from them due to their potent venom. :) Pam

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
tarantula lover,

I'm surprised you have no Brachypelma albopilosum! I'm sure if you had one it would quickly become one of your faves!

take care,

Paul

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by phoenixxavierre
tarantula lover,

I'm surprised you have no Brachypelma albopilosum! I'm sure if you had one it would quickly become one of your faves!

take care,

Paul
i have 2! :) but i am babysitting them for someone! :)

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have 2! :) but i am babysitting them for someone! :)
Oh, cool! Now you get to see what they're like!

Try to resist the urge to bolt with them when the owner comes to pick them up! ;) :D

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by phoenixxavierre
Oh, cool! Now you get to see what they're like!

Try to resist the urge to bolt with them when the owner comes to pick them up! ;) :D

=D =D ;)