now a T owner for over a month

razor244

Arachnopeon
haha hey guys. i bought a 4 in rosea and .75 in LP sling off ken tbg a little over a month now. i love my new pets, they both have been eating well wich is great. My LP sling has gotten very dark the past few days woo hoo. i cant wait for my first molt. i really wanna get some more, i already feel hooked. maybe ill purchase a few additons to the family in two weeks when the reptile expo comes to town =P.

tech

Arachnopeon
i haven't been to a Herp Show in many years but back then i was only looking for reptiles. there is a Herp Show i'm going to on Saturday here in Vegas and wanted to know if i should expect there to be alot of Ts and scorpions available there also? anyone?

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I recommend Chaco (G. Pulchripes), BB (G. Pulchra), or the Avicularia genus (is it a genus?). Although, Avics are kind of fast.

razor244

Arachnopeon
I recommend Chaco (G. Pulchripes), BB (G. Pulchra), or the Avicularia genus (is it a genus?). Although, Avics are kind of fast.
the ones im thinking about are GBB, avic avic, b boehemei, b vagans, g pulchripes. ill probly pick up one or two of those for my next T's

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweet. I'd love to go to a Herp show. I think they have one in San Francisco later this month.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
GBB is one of my favorites, but it's known to be very skittish. Avic Avic is a great starter, and no urticating hairs! Although, they seem kind of plain to me. Same reason why I don't have a Pulchripes either.

seezilla

Arachnopeon
a. avicularia are fun! My juvie, Squirt, is very docile. I even let me 8yo hold her to see if she could handle it (since she wants her own spider now LOL). Both the spider and the girl child did fine. I have at least ten spiders on my wishlist now, and will probably add to it because I keep seeing spiders I want. :drool:

I bought my first spider about a month ago too! I'm starting to really really LOVE this hobby. It's so awesome when you tell people you own Tarantulas and see peoples' reaction to that. Plus, the spiders are so cool! I love watching them grab and crunch their food and the interesting webs they build. :D I'm so addicted!

tech

Arachnopeon
Sweet. I'd love to go to a Herp show. I think they have one in San Francisco later this month.
i lived in SF before i moved to Vegas. theres several herp shows in the bay every year. the one in San Mateo was usually my favorite.