Novice needing help with my baby GBB :(

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
This all puts my mind at ease. Ooh I'd love him even if he was just a set of fangs in a tank! My concern was stress, pain, discomfort ect...I wouldn't want him to die knowing there may have been something I could have done. He's my first and only and I although I did loads of research when I got him, this is all so new to me...I'm a new mother haha!
Yes, I know that you would love your Theraphosidae no matter. For add solace, when I've said sucks I was referring, in general, to the aesthetic part only because, in all honesty no one wants to have T's without a leg/s, but, again, aside for that detail, nothing serious at all.

No 'pain' at all :-s

Gman32176

Arachnopeon
Yes, I know that you would love your Theraphosidae no matter. For add solace, when I've said sucks I was referring to the aesthetic part because, in all honesty no one wants to have T's without a leg/s, but, again, aside for that detail, nothing serious at all.

No 'pain' at all :-s
I recall seeing a story on here about a keeper that had a large Theraphosa lose all of its legs in a bad molt. Kept it alive until it molted (maybe twice?)

Josieelder

Arachnopeon
This was the following molt

This is pretty current.
Aww good to see she's ok! Did she self amputate all the legs herself or did they just fall off during molting?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I recall seeing a story on here about a keeper that had a large Theraphosa lose all of its legs in a bad molt. Kept it alive until it molted (maybe twice?)
I'm sorry man, but I haven't read that so I can't help about :)

Josieelder

Arachnopeon
I'll have to see if I can find it. Should definitely make OP feel better about her little fella. :D As if Cold Blood didn't already with his little recovered Avic.
Bizzare but cool! I just went downstairs to check on him and he's still happily eating and chilling out. Time will tell what he decides to do with himself.
Since the end of November he has molted twice. I don't know how frequently they molt at this age as he spends a lot of time in pre molt and then a lot of time post molt and he's just generally lazy anyway!
I'll check his tank tomorrow and make sure there is nothing he can get hurt on, all the ornaments ect are from pet shops so should be safe for him but I'll check tank set up and make sure he doesn't get that flappy leg caught in things.