Problem Notifications aren't correct

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@MrDeranged I just noticed this. I've had posts quoted but haven't been notified and have had reactions to my posts increment but again no notifications. I'm not blocking anyone. (When DBs do misses or miscounts I automatically get nervous)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
It's not necessarily a miss or a miscount. The notification system has always been a bit of an enigma when it comes to how it works and I've never been able to find a straightforward explanation. It can be anything from a "burp" in the notification system to the fact that you were already notified and haven't been back to the thread. I wouldn't worry about it.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
It can be anything from a "burp" in the notification system to the fact that you were already notified and haven't been back to the thread.
That makes sense. Inputs go into a buffer then get tallied on the next refresh. We never get real time responses. Of course there would be several layers of sanitizing that goes on, from simple redundancies to potential malicious code segments. that get stripped out.

Last edited: