Nothing But >>T.BLONDI<< Talk.

DDR768

Arachnopeon
Hi Tell me about your T.Blondi ,I just got 1 about 2 weeks ago. Tell what works and what dont work for keeping them stress free. And any war storys & STATs about your T.BLONDI . Mine is very small... the spider that is(LOL). What u keep them in ,What the temp&humid is. and is BED-A-BEAST ok to have as there ground. ????????? THX GUYs & GALs.

T

Tarantula

My T blondi is 8 inches. SHe is a bad hair kicker but not a bad hisser. SHe likes to eat adult mice. She lives in a ten gallon aquarium with a cork bark hide. She used to like to climb but now she doesnt. She has a very warm environment and it is kept quit warm for her too. She ate a goldfish and a frog last summer.

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't suggest to feed T's goldfishes.
They're carriers of nematodes

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi,
I keep mine in a Sterilite container, 23L, 18D, 12H. She doesn't kick hairs, but is skittish, and hisses. She's about 5 inches. I keep her on finely sifted peat moss, and she has a reptile half log, for a hide. So far, she's taken 1 pinkie, but for the most part, eats crickets. She seems to be in pre-molt, as she has been hiding nearly exclusively in the half log.
Peace,
Gillian

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have several T. Blondi... and not a single one of them behaves the same apart from ruthless apetites that never seem to be satisfied.

I feed my large male and female rat pinkies... most of the time they dont even touch the ground when I toss them in because they catch them in mid air. Food doesnt last much longer with my 3 inch specimens either.

I am pretty lucky that they have a lot of tolerance towards me. I can put my hand in the cages and nothing really happens. About all I see is the abdomen sticking straight up ready to fire hairs if I get too friendly.

My funny experience with them was when I received them... the male didnt look quite right and I was afraid he was dead. I popped the lid a crack and blew lightly on him to see if he would move. In short, he moved alright... as he kicked a face full of hair at me lol

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
my T. blondi is about 6.5" now. shes kept in a ten gallon, with 7" of substrate. shes a terrible hairkicker, in fact ive been having a realk problem there lately. it seems as though she waits exactly until my guard is down (ie a distraction or trying to get her water dish out for cleaning), then kicks hairs in my face. ive gotten haired pretty badly twice in the last few weeks. time to invest in some paper masks and rubber gloves, those hairs suck to get in the nose or between the fingers. she also hisses, but not when annoyed, when she pounces on prey. she ate quite alot for the first three months, but now she is in premolt. cant wait to see how big she will be, but this also means a whole new crop of hairs:mad: .

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My blondi is around 7" , I feed her chunks of meat I place under her palps with some forceps and large inverts. But shes sadly almost completely bald becuase of the people next door have some grudge on me they must blast music all night.The vibration would send her into a kicking frenzy.

Other than that you have to actually touch her in order to tick her off.
Oh and I have some edible grass growing in a side of the tank (its lowlight) to help humidity .I try to keep it at 90-100% but my peat moss mix only keeps it at 70-80% after 30 min of misting . So im going to change it to perlite , vermculite and peat moss mix.

I also have a homemade airstone humidification system.
Not working to well , only increeses humidity by 10% :rolleyes:
To keep em stress free make sure they have there privacy and low vibrations and low light. Also they like a good big place to hide.

Last edited:

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bob the thief
:
To keep em stress free make sure they have there privacy and low vibrations and low light. Also they like a good big place to hide.
I agree. My Kaja has a full rump of hair. =D The hide she has now is really nearly big enough for my Ball Python. However, I need a larger one. Occasionally, when she's really testy, she'll stand her ground, and lift her rump up in the air, pointed at me. When I see that, I leave her alone immediately. Its kind of like, "Eek! Ack! No....I'm leaving!"
I say this because, when she was about 4 inches, I didn't close the lid right away. All of a sudden, she started furiously rubbing her rump. Somehow, some hair got in my eye. Despite me moving quick, my eye was swollen shut for a day and a half. Of course, it was bruised..I stuck with "Yea, they got one hit in.." Its a lot easier to explain than.."Uh, my spider threw hair in my eye.."
Peace,
Gillian

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
I dont really like T.Bondi's, i like smaller species, like a rosie(Classic T)or a A. seemanni(My fav spider I have a s'ling and a male adult)but blondi's are kinda outta my league(Parents:rolleyes: :mad: )but6 my friend has one and its really kool :)

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Anyone that has only experience with rose hairs and the calmer ones should not even consider a T. blondi.
They are fully capable of biting into your bone and or making you blind via the hairs.

Not to mention the venom is mentioned to be as potent as pokie venom

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Not to mention the venom is mentioned to be as potent as pokie venom
really?? i believe what ive always read about T. blondi venom was: " not considered medically significant, although they have alot of it."

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well most of the books I have read on t's says it can cause nausea and cramps , plus the normal pain. But they suggest it may be more potent than that.

Theres mixed feelings.

Somone get bit and tell us :D

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmmm... I have a t. blondi too... I guess I better watch the fingers and eyes! Mine hisses a little and apparently loves to kick hairs (bald butt is a dead giveaway), and currently she's only about 5 inches or so in a 10g tank with bed-a-beast and some bark on top, and a half-log hiding spot. So far she's been a good lil spider.=D

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
no, im experinced, just my parents they dont want me 2 have a spider that goes over eight inches...........so im just chilling with my T's at the moment.........eating a burger and fries and drinkning a large Sweet tea :) very relaxing:)

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by anthony2561
no, im experinced, just my parents they dont want me 2 have a spider that goes over eight inches...........so im just chilling with my T's at the moment.........eating a burger and fries and drinkning a large Sweet tea :) very relaxing:)
uhm by "experience" you mean a few years , right.
I mean I remeber when I started this hobby a few years back and thought I was a hot shot at work and tryed to pick up a desert hairy .
Best lesson of my life.

Not to be mean , but I take t's sirously becuase more often than not I see people buying them just to match there look , or attitude.

ilovemyjob:)

Banned
non taken, ive just ben around T's all my life and i know how 2 take care of em, and handle em(Even if they are Un-handable)an dfeed them according 2 there size

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
I got my blondi, from Swifty, during the summer. She was but 1.5 inches, at the time. I got her simply for the challenge of caring not for a big, bad-ass, but simply for the challenging aspect of it. (yeah, challenging. I have to get her out of her enclosure, so I can clean it tomorrow..:eek: )
Peace,
Gillian

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Something amiss? Ilovemyjob, do you normally reply to posts responding to others or has Anthony2561 acquired split personalities? You will find that your enjoyment and fulfillment on this site will be greatly enhanced it you'll cut the BS and be real.

Botar

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Botar I was thinking the same thing. I mean if the guy is trying to be sneaky he sure doesn't know how to do a good job of it. I mean really...if you are going to have two logins then please at least attempt to make an effort to keep things straight.

Kugellager
];')

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Better not plan on cheating on his wife later in life, huh?

Botar